What is the study material for District Litigation Officer in JKPSC?
1. Schools of Jurisprudence; Analytical, historical, philosophical and
2. Source of law: custom, precedent and legislation.
3. Rights and duties.
4. Legal Personality.
5. Ownership and possession.
II. Constitutional Law of India:
1. Salient features of the Indian Constitution
3. Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles and Fundamental Duties
4. Constitutional position of the President and governors and their powers
5. Supreme Court and High Courts: their powers and jurisdiction
6. Union Public Service Commission and State Public Service Commission: Their Powers and Functions.
7. Distribution of Legislative powers between the Union and the States.
8. Emergency provisions.
9. Amendment of the constitution.
III. International Law:
1. Nature of International Law.
2. Sources: Treaty, Custom, General Principles of law recognized by
civilized nations and subsidiary means for the determination of law.
3. State Recognition and State Succession.
4. The United Nations: its objectives and Principal Organs; the constitution, role and jurisdiction of the international Court of justice.
1. Nature and definition of tort.
2. Liability based on fault and strict liability
3. Vicarious liability
4. Joint tort-feasors
9. False imprisonment and malicious prosecution
V. Law of contract:
1. Basic elements of contract: offer, acceptance, consideration, contractual capacity.
2. Factors vitiating consent.
3. Void, voidable, illegal and unenforceable agreements.
4. Performance of contracts
5. Dissolution of contractual obligations, frustration of contracts.
7. Remedies for breach of contract.
Exams RiderDownload Our Apps & Watch Latest News