June Month Science and Technology Information 2017:
1. Indian Railway introduced the “Buy Now, Pay Later” service for the passengers to make payment for tickets booked online within a window of 15 days.
2. India successfully test-fired its indigenously developed nuclear-capable Prithvi-II missile from a test range in Odisha
3. Telangana Government has launched a digital wallet, named T-Wallet, which doesn’t charge transaction fee from consumers.
4. Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis launched a web portal “Mahaswayam“.
This is used to job seekers, employers, entrepreneurs, and training institutes who can avail details regarding skill development and employment.
5. India has successfully test-fired its first all weather tracked-chassis Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air Missile (QR-SAM).
6. Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has launched the three apps:
1. Mycall app
2. MySpeed app
3. Do not disturb (DND 2.0)
7. The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has successfully test fired the anti-tank missile “Nag” in a Rajasthan.
8. China successfully launched its first X-ray space telescope to study black holes, pulsars and gamma-ray bursts.
9. “Celebrating Yoga” mobile app to popularize Yoga and encourage people to participate in it for a scientifically healthy living.
10. Mangalyaan completed its 1000 Earth days in its orbit.
7. Axis Bank and Kochi Metro Rail Corporation (KMRL) has launched KMRL Axis Bank ‘Kochi1’ Card, India’s first open loop EMV contactless metro card that would make travel a convenient and hassle free experience for commuters in Kochi.
8. Indian Space Research Organisation’s (ISRO) workhorse rocket PSLV C-38 blasted off from the spaceport of Sriharikota
9. India’s latest communication satellite GSAT-17 has been successfully launched from Kourou in French Guiana.
Exams RiderDownload Our Apps & Watch Latest News