May Month Important National News 2018:
1. India has released 33.10 Crore rupees to Nepal towards the cost of two road packages of Birgunj-Thori Road being implemented under Postal Highway Projects in Nepal with Government of India’s grant assistance.
2. Yoga guru Baba Ramdev’s Patanjali launched a new swadeshi messaging application called ‘Kimbho’ to compete with WhatsApp. The tagline of Kimbho is “Ab Bharat Bolega”.
3. The joint military exercise SURYA KIRAN-13 between India and Nepal started at Pithoragarh in Uttarakhand. A military exercise is a biannual event which is conducted alternatively in Nepal and India every six months.
4. The world’s largest international maritime exercise, RIMPAC in and around the Hawaiian Islands and Southern California. The announcement was made by the Pentagon.
5. The Minister of State for Power RK Singh, launched the web portal and an app namely ‘PRAAPTI’. PRAAPTI: Payment Ratification And Analysis in Power for bringing transparency in invoicing of generators. PRAAPTI App and web portal has been developed to bring transparency in power purchase transactions between Generators and Discoms.
6. The Gaj Yatra campaign was flagged off by the Wildlife Trust of India (WTI) Brand Ambassador Ms Dia Mirza at an event organized in Meghalaya.
7. Microsoft has now become the third most valuable firm globally.
Top 3 most valuable firm globally:
8. Madhya Pradesh government decided to regularise 2 lakh 37 thousand contractual teachers in the state. The decision was taken at a Cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan
9. Railway’s Online Travel Portal, www.irctc.co.in has now launched a beta version of its new User Interface. The new link has more user-friendly features for easier navigation. Next Generation e-Ticketing (NGeT) system the new online ticket booking system of Railways provides an easy and fast way of booking rail tickets by automating the journey planning and purchase of tickets.
10. Secretary AYUSH Ministry Vaidya Rajesh Kotecha has announced that the main event of 4th International Yoga Day celebrations will be held at Dehradun in Uttrakhand on 21st of June.
11. The government announced that a Brahmaputra Study Centre would be set up at Gauhati University at a cost of Rs 28 crore to conduct research on the causes of and how to prevent frequent floods in the river. This was announced by the Union Minister for Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER) Dr. Jitendra Singh.
12. Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani released the ‘Reuse of Treated Waste Water Policy’ at a high-level meeting at Gandhinagar which aims to reduce the state’s dependence on freshwater sources like the Narmada river.
13. Bhubaneswar becomes the fourth National data center of National Informatics Centre (NIC).
The aim of the National data center to offer round-the-clock operations with secure hosting for various e-governance applications of Central and State Governments and has the ability to support 35,000 virtual servers.
The National data center of National Informatics Centre (NIC):
1. New Delhi
14. The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC), chaired by Raksha Mantri Smt Nirmala Sitharaman, met in New Delhi and accorded approval for the procurement of equipment for the Defence Forces valued at over Rs. 6900 crores. The DAC approved procurement of Thermal Imaging (TI) Night Sights for the Rocket Launcher (RL) used by the Army and the Air Force under “BUY (Indian) IDDM” category through established Indian Vendors.
15. Department of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprise Minister Anant Geete inaugurated the new state-of-the-art and modern test facilities installed at the International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT) at Manesar in Haryana. The unit has been set up as a part of the National Automotive Testing and R&D Infrastructure Project (NATRiP).
16. Queen Maxima of the Kingdom of the Netherlands who is also the United Nations Secretary General’s Special Advocate for Inclusive Finance for Development has arrived in New Delhi on a four-day visit to India.
17. The India Meteorological Department (IMD) is teaming up with state-run Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) to send extreme weather warnings to people.
18. The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) recognized Cochin International Airport as the World’s first fully solar energy-powered airport.
19. Himachal Pradesh government has introduced ‘Prakritik Kheti Khushhaal Kisaan Yojana’ to enhance agricultural income by adopting low-cost climate-resilient Zero Budget Natural Farming System (ZBNF).
20. Film actor Akshay Kumar launched the twin pit toilet technology campaign in New Delhi. The actor appealed everybody to spread the awareness on the issue and make the cleanliness drive more effective.
21. Patanjali, Baba Ramdev launched Swadeshi Samriddhi SIM cards, in alliance with Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL). Initially, only the employees and office bearers of Patanjali will be able to avail the benefits of the SIM card.
22. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the first phase of Delhi-Meerut expressway. The Delhi-Meerut Expressway aims to provide safe connectivity from Delhi to Meerut to Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand.
23. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has dedicated to the nation its first smart and green highway, the Eastern Peripheral Expressway at Baghpat in Uttar Pradesh.
24. E-Way Bill system for intra-State movement of goods will be implemented in seven more states and Union Territories. The States are Maharashtra, Manipur, Chandigarh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu and Lakshadweep.
25. Telangana government has announced a unique life insurance scheme for farmers. Under the scheme, the government will provide life insurance facility of five lakh rupees to the nominee, after the death of the insured farmer.
26. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched a survey on the NaMo App, asking people to rate the performance of the government at the Centre and MPs and MLAs in their constituencies.
27. The Fifteenth Finance Commission has constituted a High-Level Group consisting of eminent experts from across the country to examine the strengths and weaknesses for enabling balanced expansion of Health Sector.
28. Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina jointly inaugurate Bangladesh Bhawan at Shanti Niketan in West Bengal.
29. I&B Minister Col. Rajyavardhana Rathore launched the 6 day ASEAN India Film Festival in New Delhi.
30. Chief Minister of Uttarakhand Trivendra Singh Rawat was inaugurated 9th edition of “Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav”.
31. India will be the host country for celebrations of World Environment Day 2018. The announcement in this regard was made by the Environment Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan.
32. The Indian Navy commissioned the IN LCU L54, the fourth ship of Landing Craft Utility MK-IV, into its fleet at Port Blair, Andaman and Nicobar.
33. Prime Minister of Netherlands Mark Rutte has inaugurated the Indo-Dutch Ganga Forum in New Delhi to take forward a MoU signed between the Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, and the Ministry of Infrastructure & Environment of the Netherlands.
34. India welcomed the Netherlands as the Partner Country for the TechSummit in 2019.
35. The first Indo-Dutch Centre of Excellence (CoE) in Vegetables had started in Baramati, Maharashtra.
36. Human Resource Development Minister Prakash Javadekar launched ‘Samagra Shiksha scheme’ for school education.
37. India announced setting up of first International Incubator for clean energy in a public-private partnership at a total investment of around US $ 5 million in Delhi.
38. According to the RSA Quarterly Fraud Report for the period between January 1 to March 31, 2018, India is one of the top three target countries for Phishing and malware-based attacks.
Top 3 countries are:
39. The Union Minister for Electronics & IT and Law & Justice Shri. Ravi Shankar Prasad has inaugurated cloud-enabled Data Centre in Bhubaneswar, Odisha. This will provide 24×7 online services for e-Governance applications and its departments.
40. Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) market valuation crossed the Rs 7-lakh crore, it is the first company to achieve this milestone.
41. Prime Minister Narendra Modi had chaired twenty-sixth interaction through PRAGATI for the reviewed progress of handling and grievance redressal related to post offices and railways.
42. India’s first National Sports University started in Imphal, Manipur.
43. Smart Cities India 2018 Expo started in New Delhi. The five expos are Building India Expo, Solar India Expo, Transport India Expo, Smart Cities India Expo and Water India Expo.
44. India got the 44th rank in the global competitive rankings. It was ranked by the IMD World Competitiveness Center.
Top 3 most competitive economies in the world:
1. The USA
2. Hong Kong
45. According to a Lancet study, India got 145th among 195 countries in terms of quality and accessibility of healthcare.
46. NITI Aayog and Sushant Singh Rajput have decided to collaborate towards promoting two major initiatives of NITI Aayog, promotion of BHIM and the Women Entrepreneurship Platform.
47. Joint Military Exercise SURYA KIRAN-XIII between India and Nepal will be conducted at Pithoragarh, Uttarakhand.
48. India’s Multi Commodity Exchange had launched the country’s first copper options contracts. The option contract will provide physical market participants an additional instrument to hedge their risk.
49. Home Minister Rajnath Singh has announced that the family of a paramilitary jawan who dies in action will be given a minimum compensation of one crore rupees.
50. The Union Finance Ministry has tied up with 40 entities including Flipkart, Swiggy, Patanjali and Amul for extending loans to small entrepreneurs under the Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana (PMMY).
51. The Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh, Shivraj Singh Chouhan has launched ‘My MP Rojgar Portal’ to provide jobs to youths as per their educational qualification, skills and interest and ensure availability of able candidates to employers as per the need of their business.
52. India received its first crude oil cargo shipment from Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) for its strategic petroleum reserve at Mangalore
53. Vice President Venkaiah Naidu laid the foundation stone of the Southern Campus of National Institute of Disaster Management (NIDM) at Kondapavuluru Village, Gannavaram Mandal, Krishna District of Andhra Pradesh.
54. The South-Western command Chetak Corps are engaged in intense training exercise called “Gandiv Vijay” in Rajasthan.
55. Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL) will set up an LPG bottling plant at Barkhani in Odisha at a cost of Rs 103 crore.
56. BPCL already has an LPG bottling plant at Khurda in Odisha and this will be the second such unit in the state.
57. NMDC Limited and NLC India Limited has decided to invest over USD 26 million for setting up an R&D facility for developing innovative technologies in iron and steel making.
58. Reliance Industries Ltd. (RIL) has received environment clearance for the expansion and optimization of its petrochemical complex at Nagothane in Raigad district of Maharashtra.
59. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will share his thoughts with the people in India and abroad in his Mann Ki Baat programme of All India Radio on the 27th of this month. It will be the 44th episode of the monthly radio programme.
60. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated the 330-MW Kishenganga hydel power project in Srinagar.
61. Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar flagged off the “Krishi Mahabhiyan-cum-Beej Vikas Vahan Rath”; to create awareness among farmers about government schemes for them during Kharif season.
62. According to AfrAsia Bank Global Wealth Migration Review 2018, India is the sixth wealthiest country in the world with a total wealth of $8,230 billion.
Top 3 Wealthiest Countries are:
63. Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the stone of India’s longest road tunnel in Jammu and Kashmir. The 14.2-kilometre long Zojila tunnel will be India’s longest road tunnel and Asia’s longest bidirectional tunnel.
64. NITI Aayog, in association with Vision India Foundation, is organizing the Venture Capital Symposium 2018 to deepen the economic relationships between France and India.
65. Environment, Forest & Climate Change Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan launched the societal movement “Green Good Deeds”, to protect the environment and promote good living has found acceptance by the global community.
66. The Commission for Scientific and Technical Terminology has decided to adopt the word ‘AYUSH’ in Hindi and English languages for scientific and technical purposes. AYUSH: Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy.
67. Prime Minister Narendra Modi hold an informal summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Sochi. The interaction will be part of regular consultation between the leadership of the two countries.
68. The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs has been able to achieve substantial milestones in both physical and financial terms in so far as mission objectives/targets are concerned.
69. The Himachal Pradesh government will spend 25 crore rupees on renovating and developing the historic British Raj ‘Bantony Castle Estate as a major tourist attraction.
70. Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) has issued an advisory to Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Goa, Maharashtra and the Lakshadweep archipelago over cyclonic storm “SAGAR”.
71. The Union Environment Ministry launched the Green Skill Development Programme (GSDP) with an aim to train over 5.5 lakh workers in environment and forest sectors in the country.
72. Union Minister of Commerce and Industry Suresh Prabhu has launched the Intellectual Property (IP) mascot “IP Nani”. The mascot was launched during a conference on the National Intellectual Property Rights Policy in New Delhi.
The objective of the Policy is “IPR Awareness: Outreach and Promotion”, aimed at raising awareness on IPR for school children to nurture creativity and the ability to innovate from a very young age.
73. As per the Swachh Survekshan-2018 report, Indore is the cleanliest city in India.
Top 3 Cities are:
74. The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) unveiled a National Wind-solar Hybrid Policy which seeks to promote new projects as well as hybridization of the existing ones.
75. Guwahati has India’s first railway station run by solar power.
76. India has released grant of Nepalese Rupees (NRs) 18.07 crore for river training and construction of embankments along Lalbakeya, Bagmati and Kamla rivers in Nepal.
77. Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat inaugurated state’s first City Gas Distribution (CGD) network at Rudrapur in Udham Singh Nagar district.
78. The states of Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Haryana and Uttarakhand agreed to implement the ambitious national health protection mission, which aims to provide an annual coverage of Rs 5 lakh per family.
79. IIM-Ahmedabad’s Centre for Innovation, Incubation and Entrepreneurship (CIIE) has launched a Bharat Inclusion Initiative to build knowledge and foster innovation and entrepreneurial activity across areas such as financial inclusion, livelihood, education and health.
80. Piyush Goyal to take additional charge as Finance Minister until Finance Minister Arun Jaitley is under treatment.
81. As per a report by Mercom Communications India, India emerged as the third largest solar market in the world in 2017.
82. The government has approved the merger of the local unit of Norway’s Telenor with Bharti Airtel, clearing the last hurdle for the deal to go through. The Department of Telecom (DoT) had transferred all licenses and liabilities of Telenor India to Bharti Airtel.
83. The Post Office Passport Seva Kendra (POPSK) run by an all-woman team began its operations in Phagwara, Punjab. It was inaugurated by Union Minister Vijay Sampla in the local head Post Office of Phagwara.
84. The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has announced to set up a skill development center at ‘Bharosa’, an integrated support center for distressed women and children in Hyderabad.
85. A parliamentary panel headed by veteran BJP leader Murali Manohar Joshi decided to study the recovery of black money and performance of public sector banks (PSBs).
86. Union Environment Minister Harsh Vardhan launched Green Skill Development Programme (GSDP) aimed to train over 5.5 lakh workers in environment and forest sectors.
87. The Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh chaired a meeting of the High-Level Committee (HLC) in New Delhi for Central Assistance to the States/UT of Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Sikkim, Lakshadweep and Rajasthan.
88. Indian Army has finalized a mega 15,000 crore rupees project under which a range of ammunition for its critical weapons and tanks will be produced indigenously. 11 private firms would be involved in the ambitious project.
89. According to the report “RemitSCOPE – Remittance markets and opportunities – Asia and the Pacific”, India has become the largest remittance-receiving country in the world, with migrant workers from the country sending home 69 billion US dollars in 2017.
90. Chief of the Army Staff General Bipin Rawat, is on an official visit to Sri Lanka for four days. During the visit, he will hold talks with top political and military leadership of Sri Lanka and explore new areas of military-to-military cooperation between the ground forces of the two countries.
91. Ministry of Information & Broadcasting to establish a dedicated web portal for the promotion of Audio Visual Services in India
92. Union Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Dharmendra Pradhan and UAE Minister of State & Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) Group CEO Dr. Sultan Al Jaber flagged off the first consignment of 2 million barrels of ADNOC crude for India.
93. J P Nadda, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare chaired a high-level meeting to review the preparedness of various agencies for prevention and management of vector-borne diseases, in New Delhi.
94. Punjab Government signed a MoU with 21 industrial houses in Ludhiana, worth Rs 1336.87 crore. The industrial groups include Happy Forgings Pvt Ltd (400 crores), Ludhiana Beverages Pvt. Ltd (220 crore), Million Exports (200 crore), Pact Industries Ltd (170 crore), Eastman International (90 crore), Bonn Group of Industries (50 crore), KG Exports (21 crore), Sharu Steel (10 crore), Ramaya Balaji Alloys Pvt Ltd (6 crore), KNL Drive Line Pvt Ltd (10 crore), Trishala Alloys Pvt Ltd (5.92 crore), Jagraon Concast Pvt Ltd (2.5 crore), Skyway Forge (4 crore), Panama Alloys (5 crore), Seth International Corp.(22 crore), Bawa Knit Fab Pvt Ltd (50 crore), New Swan Group of Industries (30 crore), KHK Alloys Pvt. Ltd (2.5 crore), Renny Strips (P) Ltd (25 crore), Sardar Associates (2.5 crore) and SRV Steels (7.5 crore).
95. Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh praised the Jharkhand government for its success against Maoists was a matter of pride for him.
96. Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath received the first bus of Indo-Nepal bus service from Janakpur to Ayodhya. The bus, which is also known as the Nepal -India Friendship Bus Service, completed its maiden trip as it arrived at Ayodhya.
97. India is celebrating the 55th anniversary of the establishment of Diplomatic Relations with Peru.
98. General Bipin Rawat, Chief of Army the Staff released the book “Across the Bench – Insight into the Indian Military Judicial System” by Lt Gen Gyan Bhushan. The book deals with military judicial system vis-a-vis command and management issues within the military establishments.
99. Indian tea industry recorded the highest ever production as well as exports in FY18. The total tea production was 1325.05 million kgs, an increase of 74.56 million kgs as compared to 2016-17.
100. The department of youth and cultural affairs of the Gujarat government will be co-organisers for the centenary celebrations to mark the independence of Poland in Delhi and other parts of the world.
101. The Telangana Government introduced Rythu Bandhu, a scheme to provide Rs4,000 per acre each to land-owning farmers for Rabi and Kharif seasons.
102. The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) approved the green license plates bearing numbers in white fonts for private e – vehicles and yellow vehicles in India. The purpose behind distinctive green number plates is easy identification for vehicles in parking, free entry in congested zones besides other proposed benefits like a concessional troll.
103. Vijay Prahar Exercise concluded in Suratgarh, Rajasthan. It was conducted by South Western Command of Indian Army. The exercise was aimed to orchestrate wide spectrum of threats including Nuclear, Chemical or Biological (NCB) attack which are planned to be tackled through high tempo joint air and land operation.
104. The 15th Finance Commission has constituted an advisory council to advise and assist the commission. The six-member council will be headed by the President of Forum for Strategic Initiatives, Arvind Virmani.
105. According to the IMF’s Asia and Pacific Regional Economic Outlook report, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) reaffirmed that India will be the fastest-growing major economy in 2018.
106. The Madhya Pradesh government launched the country’s first Integrated Control and Command Centre (ICCC) for all seven smart cities of the state, in Bhopal.
The 7 smart cities are:
107. Union Minister of Electronics and Information Technology Ravi Shankar Prasad launched the website of Digital India Internship Scheme in New Delhi. Under this scheme, 25 interns will be inducted for a period of three months.
108. Ram Nath Kovind became the second president of India to visit Indian Army’s Siachen base camp. Former president APJ Abdul Kalam is the first Indian President who visited Siachen base camp in 2004.
109. Telecom regulator Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) issued a draft to amend interconnect regulations, proposing certain changes in terms and conditions for operators to seek fresh call connect ports from other telcos.
110. The ‘draft Telecommunication Interconnection (Amendment) Regulations 2018‘ proposed that a service provider can ask another operator for additional ports, in case the projected utilization of the capacity is likely to exceed 85% over 60 day period.
111. Arunachal Chief Minister Pema Khandu inaugurated Arunachal Pradesh’s biggest solar power plant at Energy Awareness Park in Itanagar. The project was implemented by Arunachal Pradesh Energy Development Agency (APEDA).
112. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been ranked 9th in the list of “The World’s Most Powerful People’.
Top 3 Countries are:
1. Chinese President Xi Jinping
2. Russian President Vladimir Putin
3. US President Donald Trump.
113. Ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD) in its program approval meeting an additional 100 stop centers for women affected by violence. It is funded from Nirbhaya fund.
114. US-based retail giant Walmart has confirmed that it will buy 77% stake in India’s largest e-commerce startup Flipkart for $16 billion.
115. The third edition of the United Nations Peacekeeping Course for African Partners (UNPCAP) was inaugurated in New Delhi. The course is being conducted by the Centre for United Nations Peacekeeping in India (CUNPK) in partnership with the United States.
116. Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu launched the official “NCBN” (Nara Chandrababu Naidu) App in the Collector’s conference held at Amaravati.
117. Mr Hardeep Puri, Minister of State (I/C) for Housing & Urban Affairs inaugurated the “First Apex Conference for the CEOs of Smart Cities” in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
118. India got the 4th rank in the Asia-Pacific On Power Index. The USA has topped the list.
Top 5 countries in the list:
1. United States
119. Delhi Jal Board (DJB) approved its Rs 5137-crore annual budget, focusing on the expansion of sewage and water supply networks in the uncovered areas.
120. According to the Grant Thornton’s quarterly global business survey, India got the 6th place in the Business Optimism Index.
Top 5 countries in the list:
121. India and Sri Lanka agreed on cooperation on exchange of information and other aspects to tackle smuggling of drugs in both countries.
122. The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) notified the protocol amending the Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA) between India and Kuwait.
123. Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Secretary-General Rashid Kutbiddinovitch Alimov arrived in New Delhi to hold talks on a wide array of matters.
124. The Jammu and Kashmir High Court directed the state government to appoint additional 22 judicial magistrates required for setting up of juvenile justice boards in all districts.
125. India and the world: a history in nine stories exhibition was inaugurated by the President Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts, (IGNCA), Raam Bahadur Rai, at National Museum, New Delhi.
126. Odisha constitutes 5th State Finance Commission. The commission will recommend the ways and means for devolution of resources from the state level to the panchayat institutions and urban local bodies.
127. Punjab is all set to undertake Aajeevika Evam Kaushal Vikas Divas at 37 Blocks in the state with an aim to increase the reach of rural households to livelihoods.
128. Aajeevika and Kaushal Vikas Melas were held in various parts of India as part of Gram Swaraj Abhiyan.
129. A new species of Uropeltis bhupathyi, is described from a series of six type specimens from the Anaikatty Hills of the Western Ghats of Tamil Nadu, peninsular India.
130. Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani state government will take all possible steps in developing world-class ecosystems for Skill based programmes.
131. The 11th Executive Committee meeting of National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) recently approved the project encompassing the use of Geographic Information System (GIS) technology for Namami Gange programme with a total budget of Rs 86.84 crore.
132. Manipur Chief Minister N. Biren Singh launched ‘Go to Village’ mission throughout the state from Konuma ground. The mission was launched in 60 villages of all the 60 Assembly constituencies.
133. Human Resource Development Ministry has launched a major and unique initiative of online professional development of 1.5 million higher education faculty using the Massive Open Online Courses platform SWAYAM.
134. Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) launched View Pension Passbook Service for pensioners on Umang App. Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance (UMANG) app aims to build common, unified platform and mobile app to facilitate single was launched.
135. India is organizing a five-day cultural festival in Egypt to commemorate the 157th birth anniversary of Nobel laureate Rabindranath Tagore.
136. Global consultant AT Kearney released the Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Confidence Index 2018, India got the 11th rank.
Top 3 countries are:
1. The United States of America
137. Maharashtra became the first state to provide digitally-signed land record receipts. It is also known as 7/12 receipts.
138. SEBI recently came out with a detailed framework for risk-based Know Your Client (KYC) documentation of foreign portfolio investors (FPIs).
139. According to the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) Report., India got the 5th place in the world’s five largest military spenders.
Top 5 countries are:
3. Saudi Arabia
140. According to the World Health Organisation (WHO) report, 14 Indian cities are in a list of World” 20 most polluted cities in terms of particulate matter PM2.5 levels in 2016.
141. The WHO Global Urban Ambient Air Pollution Database ranked Kanpur as the most polluted city among 4300 world cities.
The 14 cities are:
142. The government has released the draft of the new Telecom policy named National Digital Communications Policy, 2018. The policy aims at creating 40 lakh new jobs by 2022, attracting 100 billion US dollars investment in the sector and ensuring broadband coverage at 50 mbps for every citizen.
143. The Union Cabinet has given the approval to accede to the Protocol under World Health Organization (WHO) Framework Convention on tobacco control to eliminate illicit trade in tobacco products.
144. Telecom Commission approved a proposal for allowing people to make phone calls and use internet services in domestic and international flights in India.
145. The first Finance Minister in the Left Front government in West Bengal Ashok Mitra passed away in Kolkata. He was 90.
146. According to World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) report India got the 6th place in the list of doping violations with 69 cases, same as that of Russia.
147. The Punjab government has decided to extend the free dengue tests in 33 centers across the state.
148. West Bengal chalked out development plans so as to promote cultural tourism in the hilly chilled region of Darjeeling.
149. Union Minister for Drinking Water and Sanitation, Uma Bharti, launched the GOBAR (Galvanizing Organic Bio-Agro Resources) – DHAN scheme at the National Dairy Research Institute (NDRI) Auditorium, in Karnal, Haryana.
150. The Surat railway station will be the third in the country and the second in Gujarat after Gandhinagar to be developed as a world-class facility under a Railway Ministry station redevelopment programme.
151. Indian government has launched a Pilot Scheme for procurement of aggregate power of 2500 MW on the competitive basis for three years under medium term from commissioned power plants without power purchase agreements.
152. As per the Airports Council International (ACI), India has been projected to be the second fastest growing country in the world for air passenger traffic.
Top 3 countries are:
153. India and Pakistan will be part of a multi-nation counter-terror exercise in Russia under the framework of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) in September 2018.Exams RiderDownload Our Apps & Watch Latest News