National News/Events June 2017:
1. India is the first country in the world to have all government-owned ports running on solar and wind energy.
2. Delhi Police launched patrolling on the bicycle to improve policing in congested localities in trans-Yamuna region of the city.
3. Defence Minister Arun Jaitley inaugurated the Ordinance Factory in Telangana’s Medak district.
4. Odisha’s first Mega Food Park “MITS Mega Food Park Pvt. Ltd. has been inaugurated by Smt. Harsimrat Kaur Badal at Rayagada.
5. India got the 137th rank out of 163 countries on Global Peace Index 2017.
6. Odisha is the first State in India to have developed an automatic public address system that can be activated along with its entire coast.
7. Varanasi will get the country’s first ‘freight village’ spread over around 100 acres.
8. TATA Projects has announced the launch of Green Thumb, an initiative to enhance the green cover.
9. Telangana government has launched the Single-Women Pensions scheme across the state.
10. Chief Minister of Karnataka Siddaramaiah has launched India’s first Public Bicycle Sharing (PBS).
11. India got the top rank in Global Retail Index.
12. Civil Aviation Ministry is adding a digital experience for Air travelers through ‘DigiYatra’ Platform in New Delhi.
13. Minister of Railways Shri Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu inaugurated Indian Railways’ first HR Round Table Conference in New Delhi.
14. NITI Aayog has launched SATH, a program providing “Sustainable Action for Transforming Human Capital”.
15. The government of India has launched “Tele Law” service to provide legal aid for the people living in rural areas through video conferencing.
16. India’s first canal-top solar PV system at NTPC Mouda.
17. Telangana launches PashuBazar website Telangana launches PashuBazar website for online cattle sale for online cattle sale.
18. India has announced a number of new diplomatic appointments in its missions abroad, including envoys to the European Union, Italy, Belgium, and Denmark.
19. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated the Kochi Metro.
20. External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj has inaugurated Know India Programme (KIP) for young overseas Indians at a function in New Delhi.
21. Taj Mahal Palace Hotel in the Mumbai City has acquired an “Image Trademark”, making it the first building in the country to get intellectual property rights protection for its architectural design.
22. Punjab Government has announced free education for girls in government schools and colleges from Nursery to Ph.D.
23. Mumbai is the most expensive city for expatriates in India and is ranked higher than major global cities such as Paris, Canberra, Seattle and Vienna.
24. Ministry of Science and Technology has launched the Visiting Advanced Joint Research Faculty (VAJRA) scheme in a bid to bring together the Indian scientists abroad and India-based researchers for conducting joint researches in India.
25. Venkaiah Naidu has launched the book which titled ‘The Emergency – Indian Democracy’s Darkest Hour’.
26. Srinivas Gokulnath is the first Indian to complete the 4,941-km Race Across America (RAAM).
27. Odisha became the first state in the country to have a blood bank for the cattle.
28. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated various irrigation and water-related initiatives at Aji Dam in RajkotExams RiderDownload Our Apps & Watch Latest News