June Month Important National News 2018:
1. Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh launched an Online Analytical Tool to facilitate closer monitoring of the flow and utilization of foreign contributions received by various organizations registered or permitted under the Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act (FCRA), 2010.
2. Andhra Pradesh Principal Secretary of Environment and Forests G Anantha Ramu announced the symbols of Andhra Pradesh:
State Tree: Neem
State Animal: Black Buck
State Bird: Rose-ringed parakeet
State Flower: Jasmine.
3. Andhra Pradesh government has announced a monthly allowance of Rs. 1,000 each to unemployed graduate youths in the state with an upper age limit of 35.
4. Indian Oil Corporation emerged as India’s most profitable state-owned company for the second consecutive year.
5. Minister for Women and Child Development, Smt Maneka Sanjay Gandhi laid a foundation of Sakhi Suraksha Advanced DNA Forensic Laboratory in the campus of Central Forensic Science Lab, in Chandigarh. It is India’s first advanced forensic lab dedicated to crimes related to women for timely deliver justice.
6. The Income Tax Department has issued a new reward scheme titled “Benami Transactions Informants Reward Scheme 2018” to seek people’s participation in the Income Tax Department’s efforts to unearth black money and to reduce tax evasion. The aim of the scheme is encouraging people to give information about Benami transactions and properties as well as income earned on such properties by such hidden investors and beneficial owners.
7. The India Meteorological Department (IMD) launched a new Ensemble Prediction Systems (EPS) to provide probabilistic weather forecasts up to the next 10 days. According to IMD, these new systems shall improve upon deterministic forecasts that are prone to high margins of error.
8. President Ram Nath Kovind has given the approval to set up the country’s first national sports university in Manipur.
9. The Union Ministry of Culture introduced a new scheme called “Seva Bhoj Yojna” to reimburse the central share of CGST and IGST on items for Food/Prasad/Langar/Bhandara offered free of cost by charitable religious institutions.
10. The Ministry of Earth Sciences launched a new forecast model called the Ensemble Prediction System (EPS) to give an accurate and area-specific forecast of extreme weather events like rain, heat wave and cold wave.
11. The Andhra Pradesh government launched a Zero Based Natural Farming (ZBNF) scale-out scheme, aimed at benefitting around six million farmers by 2024. The announcement of the scheme was made by Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu.
12. Gujrat government has launched a dedicated ambulance service for infants. This service is under the “Neonatal ambulance service project for inter-hospital transfer” To prevent the death of newborns due to lack of emergency medical facilities in health centers.
13. According to a Save the Children’s “End of Childhood Index 2018”, India got 113 rank among 175 countries with regards to where childhood is threatened as a result of poor health, malnutrition, exclusion from education, child labor, and child marriage.
14. Union Railway Minister Piyush Goyal flagged off Humsafar Jodhpur Bandra Express at Bhagat Ki Kothi Railway Station in Jodhpur, Rajasthan.
15. Priyanka Das, has been appointed as the ambassador of “For Girls and Science” initiative in France. It is an initiative in France to encourage local girls to pursue a career in the field of Science and take it to higher education heights.
16. The Centre constituted the Cauvery Water Management Authority (CMA) in compliance with a Supreme Court order to address the dispute over sharing of river water among the states of Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala, and Puducherry.
17. According to a report released by ASSOCHAM and NEC, India is one among the top five e-waste generating countries in the world.
Top 5 e-waste generating countries in the world:
In India, Maharashtra is the largest e-waste generating state.
Top e-waste generating states in India:
2. Tamil Nadu
3. Uttar Pradesh
4. West Bengal
5. New Delhi.
18. India received the first-ever cargo of Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) from Russia as New Delhi diversifies import basket to meet its vast energy needs.
19. Environment-friendly, clean and equipped with amenities of international standards for tourists, 13 Indian beaches will soon get the Blue Flag certification. These beaches of Odisha, Maharashtra and other coastal states will be the first in not just India, but in Asia, to get the Blue Flag certification. The Indian beaches are being developed by the Society for Integrated Coastal Management (SICOM).
20. The Indian Government has announced the launch of “Krishi Kalyan Abhiyaan” under which farmers in select villages will be given assistance and advice on ways to improve farming techniques and raise their income.
21. The Indian Government has been working to free the housing sector from middlemen, corruption and ensuring that the beneficiaries get their own home without hassles. The Prime Minister was interacting with beneficiaries of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – PMAY (Rural) through the Narendra Modi app.
22. The Union government has announced a package of more than Rs 8,000 crore aimed to provide relief to sugarcane farmers and to clear their dues.
23. National Minorities Development & Finance Corporation (NMDFC) is working with four partner agencies in Jammu and Kashmir for the empowerment of minorities.
The 4 partners are:
1. J&K Entrepreneurship Development Institute (JKEDI)
2. J&K Women’s Development Corporation (WDC)
3. J&K SCs/STs & Backward Classes (BCs) Development Corporation
4. Jammu & Kashmir State Financial Corporation (SFC)
24. Maharashtra government will provide the financial grant of 1,000 rupees per quintal to those farmers whose tur and gram could not be purchased by the administration before the May 31 deadline.
25. The Madhya Pradesh government has announced an outstanding power bill waiver scheme for laborers and poor families.
26. Polythene will be completely prohibited from 31st July in the Uttarakhand.
27. The Election Commission has launched it’s online RTI Portal. The portal- rti.eci.nic.in will facilitate applicants seeking information under the Right to Information Act.
28. In Tripura, President Ram Nath Kovind infrastructure plays a very important role in the development of any state. He was inaugurating a 73 km. long National Highway from Matabari (Udaipur) to Sabroom along the Gomati and South Tripura districts.
29. The Centre has constituted a group of eminent persons headed by Bharat Forge’s Baba Kalyani to study the Special Economic Zones (SEZ) policy of the country and suggest measures to make it more relevant for exporters and compatible with World Trade Organisation (WTO) norms.
30. Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (IIT-B), Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, and Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (IIT-D) are in the top 200 in QS World University Rankings 2019.
31. World Bank approves Rs 6000 crores for Atal Bhujal Yojana aims to improve groundwater management in the country.
32. The West Bengal Government decided to invest 107 crore rupees to check erosion at vulnerable areas along the banks of the Ganga and the Padma.
33. Punjab Government has launched a “Business First Portal”. It was launched by Industry Minister Sunder Sham Arora in Jalandhar. The online portal will facilitate the industrialists for Regulatory Clearances and Fiscal Approvals, real-time tracking of applications at the common platform.
34. Minister of State for Defence, Dr, Subhash Bhamre has dedicated a highway tunnel at Theng near Chungthang in north Sikkim to the nation. The tunnel will benefit the tourism and rapidly propel the growth of the state.
35. The Himachal Pradesh government has decided to do away with semester system in undergraduate (UG) courses and revert to annual examination system.
36. President Ram Nath Kovind has distributed LPG connections to 20 beneficiaries under Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana at Raj Bhavan in Agartala, Tripura.
37. The state of Tripura got a new gift “Queen Pineapple” as its state fruit. The fruit was declared by President Ram Nath Kovind during his visit to the state.
38. Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu stated that the state was now Open Defecation Free (ODF) as it had achieved its goal of constructing 2.77 lakh individual toilets.
39. The Indian Navy has rescued 38 Indians from Socotra island in Yemen where they were stranded for nearly 10 days after a severe cyclonic storm hit the area.
40. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has arrived in Qingdao, China, to attend the two-day long 18th Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) summit.
41. The Indian Coast Guard (ICG) commissioned an interceptor boat- ICGS C-439 at the Naval Dockyard in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The Indian Coast Guard Ship (ICGS) C-439 was commissioned by Additional Director General K Natarajan, Coast Guard Commander of Western Seaboard.
42. The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi approved the revision in the wage structure and allowances of Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) of the Department of Posts.
43. External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj launched the two countries for their immense support to solidify the relations.
44. New Delhi is the most vulnerable Union Territory. The report was prepared by the Union home ministry with the support of United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
45. Maharashtra is the most vulnerable state. Top most 5 vulnerable states in India:
2. West Bengal
3. Uttar Pradesh
4. Madhya Pradesh
46. The Expenditure Finance Committee (EFC) approved the revised cost estimate of the Dam Rehabilitation & Improvement Project (DRIP) for Rs 3466 crore and extended time period for the conclusion of the project.
47. The Union Cabinet may decide on the launch of the FAME India (Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Hybrid and Electric vehicles in India) scheme’s phase II within a month, to enhance adoption of energy-efficient vehicles.
48. Union Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Dharmendra Pradhan has inaugurated two Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) stations in Cuttack.
49. The Northern Railways will now monitor the cleanliness of its trains using WhatsApp groups supervised by senior officials. Every department, be it the pantry, bedrolls etc., will have separate WhatsApp groups, in which status report of cleanliness will be uploaded on a daily basis.
50. India Meteorological Department (IMD) will use flash flood guidance system for the first time in the country to forecast floods. The national weather agency is preparing to launch this service from the next month.
51. Prime Minister Narendra Modi held a meeting with Uzbekistan President Islam Karimov during which two leaders called for more security cooperation to expand and strengthen bilateral relations. India and Uzbekistan are set to route their trade through the Iranian port of Chabahar.
52. The Ministry of Railways has launched two mobile applications to ease the traveling experience. The two apps, ‘Rail MADAD’ and ‘Menu on Rails’, were launched by Railway Minister Piyush Goyal and Minister of State Manoj Sinha.
53. According to the Forbes “Global 2000” list of world’s largest public sector companies, 58 Indian companies are selected.
54. Minister of State for External Affairs V K Singh has flagged off the 1st batch of three month-long Kailash Mansarovar Yatra-2018 in New Delhi. The Yatra will continue till the 8th of September 2018.
55. Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived in Qingdao, China, to attend the two-day long 18th Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Summit. This will be India’s first participation in the summit as a full-time member of the organization.
56. India is the second highest sender of foreign students to the US, next only to China with 1, 86,000 Indian students studying in the United States.
57. The Government of India has launched 5,000 Wi-Fi Choupals in villages and delivery of rail tickets through Common Service Centres (CSCs). It was inaugurated by Electronics and IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad in New Delhi. The move is aimed at transforming rural Internet connectivity through BharatNet.
58. Communication Minister Manoj Sinha expressed hope that all the 2 lakh 50,000-gram panchayats will be provided broadband connectivity by March next year.
59. Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Nara Chandra Babu Naidu inaugurated the diaphragm wall pylon at the multipurpose irrigation project Polavaram.
60. NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) has selected 3,000 additional schools for the establishment of Atal Tinkering Labs (ATLs). The selected schools shall receive a grant of Rs 20 lakh spread over the next five years to establish Atal Tinkering Labs for nurturing innovation and entrepreneurial spirit among secondary school children across India.
61. The Union Government decided to establish India’s first national police museum in Lutyens’ Delhi. The unique museum, depicting the history, artifacts, uniforms and gear of central and state police forces, will come up as an underground facility in the premises of the national police memorial in Chanakyapuri area of the national capital.
62. Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has inaugurated and laid foundation stones for more than 100 schemes, worth Rs 875 crore, of the state bridge construction corporation.
63. The Union Minister of Steel, Chaudhary Birender Singh dedicated the rebuilt Blast Furnace-1 “Parvati” of SAIL, Rourkela Steel Plant (RSP) to the Nation. Parvati is the first Blast Furnace of SAIL that was dedicated to the nation on 3rd February 1959 by the first President of India, Dr. Rajendra Prasad.
64. The government has approved a 33% increase in carpet area of houses eligible for interest subsidy under its affordable housing scheme Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Urban (PMAY-U) to attract more beneficiaries.
65. India will host first military exercise of the BIMSTEC Countries in September 2018 in Pune, Maharashtra. The theme of the exercise includes counter-terrorism in semi-urban terrain and cordon and search.
66. Ten new iconic sites have been taken up under Phase III of the flagship project Swachh Iconic Places (SIP) of the Swachh Bharat Mission:
|S.no||10 New Iconic Sites||States|
|1||Raghavendra Swamy Temple||Kurnool – Andhra Pradesh|
|2||Hazardwari Palace||Murshidabad – West Bengal|
|3||Brahma Sarovar Temple||Kurukshetra – Haryana|
|4||VidurKuti||Bijnor – Uttar Pradesh|
|5||Mana village||Chamoli – Uttarakhand|
|6||Pangong Lake||Leh-Ladakh – J&K|
|7||Nagvasuki Temple||Allahabad – Uttar Pradesh|
|8||ImaKeithal/market||Imphal – Manipur|
|9||Sabarimala Temple||Kerala and|
67. The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) constituted an Expert Committee to frame rules for direct listing of Indian firms abroad. The committee will examine the economic case for permitting the direct listing of Indian companies overseas and listing of Indian companies on foreign bourses in India.
68. Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) has created a world record of distributing the maximum number of bee-boxes in one day. This was achieved by the KVIC in the Zangalee Army area at Kupwara in Kashmir.
69. India got the 177th rank in the Global Environment Performance Index (EPI) rankings.
Top 3 countries are:
70. President Ram Nath Kovind will launch Solar Charkha Mission which will entail a subsidy of 550 crore rupees in the initial two years for 50 clusters.
71. The Integrated Command and Control Centre of the Naya Raipur Smart City was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Integrated Command & Control Centre of Naya Raipur becomes the 10th Smart City Centre to be operational in the country.
72. Water Resources Minister Nitin Gadkari released the Composite Water Management Index in New Delhi.
73. The Union Minister for Railways, Coal, Finance & Company Affairs, Mr. Piyush Goyal inaugurated Neyveli Lignite Corporation India Limited (NLCIL)‘s three 100 MW Solar Power Projects for commercial operation and dedicated these projects to the Nation in Tamil Nadu.
74. A Conference on Implementation of National Pension System (NPS) by the Central Autonomous Bodies (CABs) was organized by Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) in Delhi. This was to provide a forum to all the CABs, where the progress in the implementation of NPS with respect to compliance of timelines in various NPS related activities could be brought to the fore and a way forward could be provided.
75. Minister for Water Resources Nitin Gadkari released Niti Aayog’s composite water management index report in New Delhi.
Top States in the List:
2. Madhya Pradesh
3. Andhra Pradesh
76. Union Minister for Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Shipping, Road Transport & Highways Nitin Gadkari released a book “Water productivity mapping of major Indian crops” published by NABARD in a function at New Delhi.
77. Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis met World Bank CEO Kristalina Georgieva in Washington DC to seek assistance for a Multimodal Transport Corridor and the Rural Livelihood Project which aims to provide sustainable livelihood enhancements in 10,000 villages in the state.
78. The 4th meeting of NITI Aayog’s Governing Council has begun at the Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi.
79. Flying Officer Meghana Shanbough MR from Karnataka has become the first woman Indian Air Force fighter pilot from south India.
80. According to a report of the Road Transport and Highway Ministry, States have collected taxes worth Rs. 10000 crore under Government’s e-governance initiative.
81. The Railways has decided to replace the existing book-like medical cards issued to its employees and pensioners with credit card-like health cards carrying unique all-India number.
82. Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare Ashwini Kumar Choubey, released the 11th Common Review Mission (CRM) report of the National Health Mission. As per the Report, India has registered a record 22% reduction in Maternal Mortality Ratio (MMR) since 2013.
83. Anu Kumari belongs to the Parahiya tribe, an 18-year-old girl became the first person in Uchwawal village in Jharkhand’s Latehar district to clear the 10th matriculation examination conducted by the Jharkhand Academic Council.
84. India plans to gift Seychelles a Dornier aircraft.
85. The informal summit between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Chinese President Xi Jinping. The four-point vision are:
1. Sign a Treaty of Friendship and Cooperation
2. Negotiate a bilateral Free Trade Agreement
3. Enhance connectivity
4. Work for early harvest on boundary issues.
86. A 3-day National Yoga Olympiad was inaugurated at the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) in CIET in New Delhi by Director and UNESCO Representative of the New Delhi Cluster Office for India Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal, the Maldives and Sri Lanka Mr. Eric Falt.
87. Ratan Tata is the only Indian investor in the company, which has built a name for itself on the back of affordable quality smartphones. Tata’s investment in the company is now worth close to $2.1 million – a twofold jump in four years.
88. President Ram Nath Kovind reported that India is striving to become a $5 trillion economy and the world’s third largest consumer market by 2025.
89. Human Resources Development Minister Prakash Javadekar launched the National Digital Library of India (NDLI). The library will become a single window platform for all educational needs.
90. Union Health Minister JP Nadda launched the National Health Resource Repository (NHRR). It is the country’s first-ever national healthcare registry of authentic, standardized and updated geo-spatial data of all public and private healthcare establishments.
91. The Vice President of India, M. Venkaiah Naidu has received the book “Vedvigyan Alok” authored by Acharya Agnivarat Naishthik.
92. Indian Railways will become a “net zero” carbon emitter by 2030, with the current action plans on the anvil for 100 percent electrification, coupled with renewable strategies. This has been announced by Railways Minister Piyush Goyal.
93. The capital of Meghalaya, Shillong has been selected as 100th Smart City.
94. The Haryana government has decided to introduce a scheme under which school children will be given ?50 for planting trees every six months for a period of three years. The scheme will cover students from Classes 6 to 12 of both government and private schools.
95. The World’s first International Centre for Humanitarian Forensics was launched in Gujarat Forensic Sciences University in Gandhinagar.
96. Haryana have achieved star ranking under “7-Star Gram Panchayat Rainbow Scheme” launched in January 2018 by Chief Minister Manohar Lal. The star rating to the village panchayats under the scheme is given on the basis of seven parameters and for each parameter different colors of stars are awarded
97. The Gujarat Government announced wind-solar hybrid power policy – 2018, aiming to make optimum utilization of the land and grid.
98. The Uttarakhand high court has banned paragliding, and white water rafting and other water sports until the government frames a policy to regulate them.
99. The Centre of Excellence in Maritime & Shipbuilding (CEMS), a well-funded start-up in skill development for maritime and shipbuilding sector, has announced setting up of 24 labs-6 in Mumbai and 18 in Vizag campus.
100. Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of Paperless Vanijya Bhawan in New Delhi. The building will accommodate about 1000 officers and staff.
101. The Union ministry of health and family welfare launched the National Health Resource Repository (NHRR), the first-ever registry in the country registry of authentic, standardized and updated geospatial data of all public and private healthcare. The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is the project technology partner for providing data security.
102. To honor soldiers who have been disabled in the line of duty, while serving the Nation and to celebrate the undying spirit of “Soldiering”, Indian Army is observing the year 2018 as the “Year of Disabled Soldiers in Line of Duty”. The primary focus is towards alleviating the sufferings of these soldiers, who have done their duty with utmost dedication to the Nation and have been disabled for the life.
103. On the occasion of International Yoga Day on June 21, more than 1 lakh people together performed Yoga in Rajasthan’s Kota to create Guinness World Record.
104. The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the continuation of the Three Year Action Plan (2017-2020) of the scheme for Agricultural Education Division and ICAR Institutes with an outlay of Rs.2225.46 crore.
105. Prime Minister Narendra Modi attended the Madhya Pradesh Shehari Vikas Mahotsav and remotely inaugurated the various urban development projects worth over 4000 crore rupees.
106. Mongolia broke ground for the construction of country’s first oil refinery with the help of a USD 1 billion loan from India.
107. “Indian Accent”, which is located in the capital’s Lodhi Road, holds 90th position in the list of 100 best eateries in the world, prepared by William Reed Business Media.
108. China will build a railway connecting the western region of Tibet with Nepal. The link will connect the Tibetan city of Xigaze with Nepal’s capital Kathmandu.
109. The Gujarat government launched a solar power scheme for farmers: Suryashakti Kisan Yojana (SKY) enabling them to generate electricity for their captive consumption as well as sell the surplus power to the grid and earn an extra buck.
110. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated the Rs 3,866 cr Mohanpura Irrigation Project in Madhya Pradesh.
111. The 3 days annual Sindhu Darshan Festival celebrations on the bank of Indus River started in Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir. The festival was organized by Sindhu Darshan Yatra Samiti and Ladakh Phandey Tsogspa, Leh.
112. Southern Railways will impose a fine of Rs. 2,000 on passengers who take a selfie in front of trains at railway stations or while standing on the footboard. People found repeating the offense will be imprisoned for six months.
113. Haryana’s Godikan village panchayat has passed a ‘No Toilet, No Bride’ resolution, becoming the first panchayat in the country to do so. According to the resolution, girls from Godikan will not be married off in houses without a toilet.
114. India and Bangladesh have agreed to institute Coordinated Patrol (CORPAT) as an annual exercise between navies of two neighboring countries. The first edition of CORPAT between two navies was inaugurated by Indian Navy’s Chief Admiral Sunil Lanba.
115. The Ministry of Women and Child Development has come up with its report titled ‘Women in Prisons’ which aims to build an understanding of the various entitlements of women in prisons, the various issues faced by them and possible methods for resolution of the same.
116. According to a poll of global experts, India is the world’s most dangerous country for women due to the high risk of sexual violence and being forced into slave labour.
117. Minister of State for Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER) Jitendra Singh announced that the Centre has released 340 crore rupees for flood relief work in Assam.
118. External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj launched the new Passport Seva App. Now, people can apply for a passport from any part of the country through the App. EAM Sushma Swaraj has launched Mobile Passport Application in New Delhi.
119. President of India Ram Nath Kovind has inaugurated the Udyam Sangam-2018 in New Delhi. It is a step forward towards consolidating the convergence and synergy of all the government initiatives relating to MSME Sector.
120. The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has restricted the manufacture of Oxytocin formulations for domestic use to the public sector from 1st July 2018. It has also banned the import of Oxytocin and its formulations.
121. Odisha government decided to raise the health cover from Rs 5 lakh to Rs 7 lakh under Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana (BSKY) for women. This was announced by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik.
122. The President of India Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated the Udyam Sangam-2018 in New Delhi. It will empower women and weaker sections by providing training to 80 lakh women.
123. HCL Technologies has acquired German IT and engineering services provider H&D International Group. Through this deal, HCL Tech will attain significant in-country front office and delivery capabilities, which will further enhance its domain expertise in the global automotive sector.
124. The government has decided to set up two more underground crude oil storages in Odisha and Karnataka to increase emergency stockpile cover by 12 days to 22 days. The Cabinet has approved setting up of 4 million tonne (MT) storage at Chandikhole in Odisha and 2.5 MT storage at Padur in Karnataka.
125. The Uttarakhand High Court has ordered the state government to set the limit of loudspeakers at 5 dB(A).
126. The 26th edition of two-month long exercise Rim of the Pacific (RIMPAC) begun off Hawaii in the Western Pacific Ocean.
127. Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik announced that insurance coverage for women under the BJD’s health insurance proposal has been raised to Rs 7 lakh from Rs 5 lakh.
128. The Union Finance Ministry has given in-principle approval to proposed Metro Rail projects in Indore, Bhopal, Kanpur, Agra, and Delhi. The estimated cost of the projects is Rs. 1.07 lakh crore.
129. Tamil Nadu government has taken steps to virtually connect 58 Computed Tomography (CT) and 18 Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) located in different govt hospitals in the state. The teleradiology system will allow selected images to be uploaded to a central server.
130. According to the Cost of Living Survey published by global personnel consultants Mercer, Mumbai is the most expensive city in India.
ii. New Delhi
131. The Ministry of Woman and Child Development organized a day-long Seminar on Technology Partnerships for Steering POSHAN Abhiyaan called ‘TECH-THON’ to integrate information technology for better roll out of its major social sector schemes.
132. India has pledged USD 5 million in assistance to the UN agency working for the welfare of Palestinian refugees to help bolster its “severe funding crisis” following US’ cut in its annual aid to United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees (UNRWA).
133. Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani met Israel’s Agriculture and Rural Development Minister Uri Ariel and announced a joint working group (JWG) between Gujarat and Israel in the fields of agriculture, horticulture and allied sectors.
134. Union Home Ministry has instituted new medals in the special operations category for meritorious officers in police, security and intelligence services. Police Officers of States & Union Territories, Central Police Organisations (CPOs), Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) and Security Organisation involved in Special Operations are eligible for this medal.
Rajnath Singh has also instituted 3 more Medals namely:
Antarik Suraksha Medal
Asadharan Aashuchan Padak
Utkrisht & Ati-Utkrisht Seva Medal.
135. The navies of India and Indonesia participated in Passage Exercise (PASSEX).
136. According to Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI), Jio becomes India’s second largest telco by revenue.
Top 3 Networks are:
i. Bharti Airtel
137. Mumbai’s Victorian and Art Deco Ensembles has been inscribed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This was announced at the Unesco world heritage committee meeting in Bahrain.
138. NITI Aayog launched the first Delta ranking, incremental progress, for the Aspirational Districts in the country. The ranking is based on five developmental areas of Health and Nutrition, Education, Agriculture and Water Resources, Financial Inclusion and Skill Development and Basic Infrastructure.
139. South Central Railways has installed machines for crushing and recycling plastic bottles at Telangana’s Kachiguda, Secunderabad, and Nizamabad, and Andhra Pradesh’s Vijayawada stations in order to promote environmental protection. These crusher machines are of the size of a refrigerator and have the capacity to crush around 5000 bottles per day. The crushed bottles come out as fine plastic pieces, ready to be sold as scrap in the market or to be reused to make bags and T-shirts.
140. Surat-based jewelers Vishal Agarwal and Khushbu Agarwal manufactured a ring containing 6,690 diamonds, registering the Guinness world record for ‘Most diamonds set in one ring’.Exams RiderDownload Our Apps & Watch Latest News