June Month Banking Information 2017:
1. India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) grew 6.1 percent year-on-year during the January-March, 2017 period according to government data.
2. The Reserve Bank of India has initiated Prompt Corrective Action (PCA) for Dena Bank in view of high net non-performing assets and negative return on assets.
3. State Bank of India and the World Bank announced that they had financed 100 MW of rooftop solar projects worth Rs. 400 crore in India.
4. Bank of India conducted a mass-contact program “Star Mahotsav” across its branch network.
5. Bharti Airtel has received approvals from the Securities & Exchange Board of India (SEBI), BSE and the National Stock Exchange of India for its proposed merger with Telenor India.
6. National Stock Exchange (NSE) launched its international exchange in the Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City).
7. Vijaya Bank is going to develop as many as 100 digital villages in various States of the country.
8. Axis Bank Ltd has announced biodegradable prepaid gift cards on the occasion of World Environment Day (05th June).
9. Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) has launched the Retail Mart in Thiruvananthapuram district.
10. IDBI Bank got the high rating for code compliance.
11. Aadhaar made mandatory for new bank accounts transactions above Rs.50,000.
12. Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) has approved the membership of Argentina, Madagascar, and TongaExams RiderDownload Our Apps & Watch Latest News