Banking Awareness Practice Set
1. Part of company’s earning or profit which is paid out to shareholders is known as _______
Answer : Dividend
2. Sukanya Samriddhi Account can be opened up to the age of ________ years only from the date of birth.
Answer : Ten years
3. Private sector lender Axis Bank reduced interest rate on savings bank accounts by 50 basis points to 3.5 percent for deposits up to-
Answer : Rs 50 lakh
4. Name the smartphone maker company, which has tied up with State Bank of India to store higher variants of SBI debit cards on the app.
Answer : Samsung
5. Karnataka Bank has raised interest rates on savings bank account for large balance above Rs 1 crore to 5% while for small balances below Rs 1 lakh, the bank has reduced it to 3%. Where is the corporate office of Karnataka Bank-?
Answer : Mangaluru
6. Kotak Mahindra Bank has launched Kotak Remit— an Aadhaar-based integrated outward forex remittance solution for both customers and non-customers recently. Who is the Executive Vice Chairman and Managing Director of Kotak Mahindra Bank?
Answer : Uday Kotak
7. From 01st September 2017 Punjab National Bank’s customers will have to pay charges for depositing cash above _______ in a non-base branch even if it is located in the same city.
Answer : Rs. 5,000
8. Bank of China has formally launched its operations in Pakistan with its first branch inaugurated in-
Answer : Karachi
9. Which Bank has announced the launch of its SmartUp Zone in Kochi, an exclusive area inside the branch dedicated for start-ups?
Answer : HDFC Bank
10. Bank of China is one of the 5 biggest state-owned commercial banks in China. Where is headuarters of Bank of China?
Answer : Beijing