Banking Awareness Practice Set
1. The IFAD is an international financial institution and a specialized agency of the United Nations dedicated to eradicating poverty and hunger in rural areas of developing countries. IFAD stands for-
Answer : International Fund for Agricultural Development
2. The EIB is the European Union’s bank and it is the world’s largest multilateral borrower and lender. What is the meaning of “I” in EIB?
Answer : Investment
3. Where is the head office of IFAD?
Answer : Rome, Italy
4. Where is the Headquarters of EIB?
Answer : Luxembourg
5. The Islamic Development Bank is a multilateral development financing institution located in-
Answer : Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
6. The EBRD is an international financial institution. EBRD stands for-
Answer : European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
7. Where is the Head Office of EBRD?
Answer : London
8. IIB is a multilateral institution for development that promotes social and economic development, prosperity, and economic cooperation between its member states. IIB stands for-
Answer : International Investment Bank
9. African Development Bank is coordinating the implementation of an integrated development strategy for Portuguese-speaking countries in Africa. In which among the following year African Development Bank was founded?
Answer : 1963
10. Where is the head office of African Development Bank?
Answer : Abidjan