Banking Awareness Practice Set
1. Uttar Pradesh Finance Minister Rajesh Aggarwal has presented a mega budget of over __________________ with a focus on farmers, artisans, youth, infrastructure and urban development.
Answer : Rs 04.28 lakh crore
2. Retirement fund body Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has reduced the interest rate on deposits to ___________ for 2017-18 from 8.65% for 2016-17.
Answer : 8.55%
3. ____________ Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar presented in the state assembly Rs. 17,123-crore budget for 2018-19, an increase of 6.84% over the ongoing fiscal.
Answer : Goa
4. Capital First announced that the regulator National Housing Bank (NHB) has approved the merger of the company along with Capital Home Finance and Capital First Securities Limited with-
Answer : IDFC Bank
5. The Reserve Bank of India has launched Ombudsman Scheme for non-banking financial companies (NBFCs) for redressal of complaints against them. In which city, the offices of the NBFC ombudsmen will function?
Answer : Mumbai
6. Where is the Head Office of AU Small Finance Bank?
Answer : Jaipur
7. Name the country, which was the largest source of foreign investment in India (21.8 percent share at market value), followed by the US and the UK, according to a census by the Reserve Bank of India.
Answer : Mauritius
8. Japan has been found to have the best structure of production in the Geneva-based World Economic Forum or WEF’s first ‘Readiness for the future of production report’ and is followed by South Korea, Germany, Switzerland, China, Czech Republic, the US, Sweden, Austria and Ireland in the top 10. WEF was established in-
Answer : 1971
9. In the financial year 2016-17, total FDI of US $ 60.08 billion has been received, which is an all-time high. The Cabinet chaired by ______________ has approved amendments in FDI Policy and further liberalized few of the policies of FDI.
Answer : Narendra Modi
10. Paytm has set up a new entity called Paytm Money Ltd that will offer investment and wealth management products and will invest close to ____________ upfront in the new entity.
Answer : $10 million