Banking Awareness Practice Set
1. Name the person, who is Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer of National Housing Bank?
Answer : Sriram Kalyanaraman
2. Established by the Government of India, we commenced operations in 1982 under the Export-Import Bank of India Act, 1981 as a purveyor of export credit, mirroring global Export Credit Agencies. Who is Managing Director of Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank)?
Answer : David Rasuinha
3. FICCI is the voice of India’s business and industry. Who is the present President (2017-18) of FICCI?
Answer : Rashesh Shah
4. The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) was, thus, established with effect from 20th February 1997 by an Act of Parliament, called the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India Act, 1997, to regulate telecom services, including fixation/revision of tariffs for telecom services which were earlier vested in the Central Government. Who is Chairman of TRAI?
Answer : RS Sharma
5. Name the person, who is Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director at Credit Information Bureau (India) Limited (CIBIL).
Answer : Satish Pillai
6. Which of the following Private sector Bank has launched the fourth edition of ‘Evolve’ in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu recently?
Answer : Axis Bank
7. Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) has received ____________ crore capital infusion from the government in the current fiscal.
Answer : Rs 173.06 crore
8. The Reserve Bank of India will link the base rate with the MCLR from 1st of April 2018 to ensure expeditious transmission of its policy rate to borrowers. What is the meaning of “R” in MCLR?
Answer : Rates
9. The Reserve Bank of India announced setting up the ombudsman for addressing customer grievances in the non-banking finance companies. The Banking Ombudsman Scheme is introduced under Section 35 A of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 by RBI with effect from-
Answer : 1995
10. Which Bank has launched its new Sonic Identity, which is essentially a musical logo called ‘MOGO’, as part of its branding initiatives?
Answer : IndusInd Bank