Banking Awareness Practice Set
1. In which among the following year United India Insurance Company Limited was incorporated?
Answer : 1938
2. Insurance firm AIA Group Ltd has decided to increase its stake in Tata AIA Life Insurance Co Ltd, a joint venture owned by Tata Sons Ltd and AIA Group from 26 per cent to _________ per cent.
Answer : 49 percent
3. Insurance of ___________ means insurance of buildings, machinery, stocks etc against Fire and Allied Perils, Burglary Risks and so on.
Answer : property
4. General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC Re) is a wholly owned company of
Answer : Government of India
5. What is the authorized capital of General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC)?
Answer : Rs.1000 crore
6. In which among the following year the New India Assurance Company Limited (NIACL) was founded?
Answer : 1919
7. Who is the present Chairman of Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC)?
Answer : VK Sharma
8. Which among the following public sector banks has announced that BNP Paribas Cardiff is keen to increase its stake from 26 per cent to 36 per cent?
Answer : State Bank of India
9. The Government of __________ has launched the Atal-AmritAbhiyan health insurance scheme, which would offer comprehensive coverage for six disease groups to the below-poverty line (BPL) and above poverty line (APL) families, with annual income below Rs 500,000 (US$ 7,500).
Answer : Assam
10. The insurance company representative who sells policies on behalf of the insurer, is called?
Answer : Agent