Banking Awareness Practice Set
1. The availability of cash and other cash-like marketable instruments that are useful in purchases and investments are commonly known as…………?
Answer : Liquidity
2. Which was the first Indian company listed in National Association of Securities Dealers Automated quotation System (NASDA)?
Answer : Infosys
3. Special Drawing Rights (SDR) are supplementary foreign exchange reserve assets defined and maintained by
Answer : International Monetary Fund (IMF)
4. The Imperial Bank of India was renamed as?
Answer : State Bank of India
5. SBI Day is observed on
Answer : July 1
6. A centralised database with online connectivity to branches and Internet as well as ATM Network which has been adopted by almost all major banks of our country is known as_________
Answer : Core Banking Solution
7. Which of the following is the purpose of introducing “Know Your Customer” norms by the banks?
Answer : To ensure that the money deposited in banks has come from genuine sources
8. Security Printing and Minting Corporation of India (SPMCIL) Limited was incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956 with its corporate office at
Answer : New Delhi
9. Security Paper Mill (SPM) was formally inaugurated and dedicated to the nation on the 9th March, __________ by the then Deputy Prime Minister, Shri Morarji Desai.
Answer : 1968
10. What is Gross Domestic Product (GDP)?
Answer : It is the market value of all final goods and services made within the borders of a country in a year.