Banking Awareness Practice Set
1. A worldwide financial messaging network which exchanges messages between banks and financial institutions is known as _________
Answer : SWIFT
2. Which is not a ‘Money Market Instrument’?
Answer : Equity Shares
3. When there is a difference between all receipts and expenditure of the Govt. of India, both capital and revenue it is called _______
Answer : Budgetary Deficit
4. With reference to a cheque which of the following is the ‘drawee bank’?
Answer : The bank upon which the cheque is drawn
5. Banks issue a letter to beneficiary on behalf of its constituents like guarantee for making payment on their behalf on fulfillment of its terms and conditions. What is this arrangement known in banking context?
Answer : Letter of Credit
6. When a Bank provides a loan for purchase of white goods, it is categorised as-?
Answer : Consumer Durable Loan
7. Fixed Deposits and Recurring Deposits are-
Answer : repayable on demand or after an agreed period as per bank’s choice
8. What is the full form of ‘FSDC’ which is used in financial sectors?
Answer : Financial Stability and Development Council
9. FSDC was set up by the Government as the apex level forum in-
Answer : December 2010
10. CRAR stands for _________
Answer : Capital to Risk-Weighted Assets Ratio