Banking Awareness Practice Set
1. _______________ is a standard format of Bank Identifier Codes (BIC) for banks to identify banks and financial institutions globally.
Answer : SWIFT
2. Stock Holding Corporation of India Ltd (SHCIL) was established as a ________ company.
Answer : Public limited
3. The National Stock Exchange (NSE) is the leading stock exchange in India and the fourth largest in the world by euity trading volume in 2015, according to World Federation of Exchanges (WFE). Where is the corporate office of NSE?
Answer : Mumbai
4. The Headquarters of Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication (SWIFT) is located in ________
Answer : La Hulpe, Belgium
5. How many codes are there in SWIFT code?
Answer : 8 11
6. These days Banks are offering Loans against Property. Under which business segment, this activity may be categorized?
Answer : Personal Banking
7. What do we mean by “ECB” in financial terms?
Answer : External Commercial Borrowings
8. “Currency Swap” is an instrument to manage ____?
Answer : Cash Flows in different currencies
9. “Plastic Money” denotes ________?
Answer : Credit card
10. RBI has recently introduced Cheque Truncation System, which means that ______?
Answer : Physical movement of a cheque is stopped between banks and instead an electronic image be exchanged for clearance of funds