Banking Awareness Question and Answer:
1. The New Development Bank (NDB) aims to mobilize resources for development projects in BRICS, emerging economies and developing countries. Where is the headuartered of NDB?
Answer :Shanghai, China
2. The World Bank is like a cooperative, made up of ————— member countries. These member countries, or shareholders, are represented by a Board of Governors, who is the ultimate policymakers at the World Bank.
Answer : 189
3. Name the agency, which is an agency to provide ‘soft-loans’ to developing countries?
Answer : International Development Association (IDA)
4. On July 15, 2014, at the sixth summit in Fortaleza, Brazil the member countries signed the Articles for the New Development Bank (NDB). What is the authorised capital of NDB?
Answer : USD 100 billion
5. The first Board of Governors meeting of the BRICS New Development Bank was held in ____________ on July 7, 2015, where the Bank formally came into existence as a legal entity.
Answer : Russia
6. __________ an asset, including a leased asset, becomes non performing when it ceases to generate income for the bank.
Answer : NPA
7. NPA stands for-
Answer : Non performing Assets
8. MUDRA is a financial institution has been set up by Government of India for development and refinancing micro units’ enterprises. What is the meaning of “A” in MUDRA?
Answer : Agency
9. MUDRA stands for-
Answer : Micro Units Development & Refinance Agency
10. India was one of the first in Asia to recognize the effectiveness of the EPZ model in promoting exports. EPZ stands for-
Answer :Export Processing Zone