National News/Events in April 2018:
1. India’s first liquefied natural gas cargo from the United States landed at the Dabhol regasification terminal in Maharashtra. Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan received the first-ever shipment of 1.2 lakh tonne LNG under the long-term contract of 20 years.
2. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) approved for continuation of Nutrient Based Subsidy (NBS) Scheme and City Compost Scheme and City Compost Scheme beyond 12th Five Year plan till 2019-20.
3. The two-day meeting of Permanent Indus Commission (PIC) between India and Pakistan began in New Delhi.
4. India and Pakistan have mutually agreed to resolve matters related to the treatment of diplomats and diplomatic premises.
5. The Union Cabinet approved the proposal for restructuring of National Skill Development Fund (NSDF) and National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) to strengthen their governance, implementation and monitoring framework.
6. Madhya Pradesh’s Kadaknath chicken got the Geographical Indication tag.
7. National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) awarded 150 road projects of 7, 400 km worth Rs. 1,22,000 crore in the in Financial Year 2017-18.
8. New Delhi the first city in the country to switch from BS-IV grade fuels to BS-VI (equivalent to fuel meeting Euro-VI emission norms). Petrol pumps in the capital started supplying ultra-clean Bharat Stage VI grade fuel (both petrol and diesel).
9. Asia’s largest startup ecosystem inaugurate the conclave by Kerala’s Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan. Huddle Kerala, will be held at Kovalam near here on April 6 and 7.
10. According to the data shared by Indian Cellular Association, India becomes the 2nd largest producer of Mobile Phones in the World.
Top 3 Mobile Producer Countries are:
11. Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath inaugurated a 10.30-km-long elevated road, connecting UP Gate and Rajnagar Extension, Ghaziabad.
12. The state government of West Bengal introduced a new scheme called “Rupashree” in order to provide marriage assistance to girls coming from economically weaker families with a budgetary allocation of Rs 1500 crore.
13. The e-way Bill System for Inter-State movement of goods comes into force. Under this system businesses and transporters have to produce before a GST inspector e-way bill for moving goods worth over Rs 50,000 from one state to another.
14. A world-class interpretation center and other tourist facilities for visitors were inaugurated at the Konark Sun Temple, Odisha. The facilities were inaugurated by the Union Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan.
15. India got the 37th rank out of 125 countries in Global Startup Ecosystem in 2017. The report released by global startup ecosystem map Startupblink.
16. National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) awarded 150 road projects of 7,400 km worth Rs. 1,22,000 crore in the In Financial Year 2017-18.
17. Reliance Industries Chairman and Managing Director Mukesh Ambani has been ranked 19th on Bloomberg Billionaires Top 100 Index. He becomes the third richest Asian on the list. Top of this index is Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos.
18. Ola has acquired Mumbai-based Ridlr, an end-to-end public transport ticketing and commuting app.
19. Union Commerce and Industry and Civil Aviation Minister, Suresh Prabhu launched digital initiatives by Export Inspection Council (EIC) for ease of export at New Delhi.
20. The Ministry of Human Resource Development constituted a High Powered Committee to examine the entire system of conducting Class X and Class XII examination conducted by the CBSE with a view to preventing leakages.
21. The Union Minister of Human Resource Development, Mr Prakash Javadekar, released the National Institute of Ranking Framework (NIRF) India rankings 2018 in various categories on the basis of performance of Higher Educational Institutions in a programme held in New Delhi.
Top 3 Institutes in India are:
1. Indian Institute of Science (IISc Bengaluru)
2. Indian Institute of Technology Madras
3. Indian Institute of Technology Bombay.
Top 3 Universities in India are:
1. Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru,
2. Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi,
3. Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi.
22. The trial run of the first container train between India and Bangladesh was flagged off from Kolkata city. The train left for Bangladesh with 60 containers loaded with almost 1,200 tonnes of de-oiled cake, used as a raw material for nid.
23. The Union Cabinet has given its approval to the Protection of Human Rights (Amendments) Bill, 2018 for better protection and promotion of human rights in the country.
24. The Union Civil Aviation Minister Suresh Prabhu inaugurated first flight from Delhi to Pathankot (in Punjab), at a ceremony held at the Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi.
25. According to the Internet Security Threat Report, India has been ranked the third most vulnerable country in terms of risk of cyber threats.
The Top 3 Countries are:
26. Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Housing and Urban Affairs Hardeep Singh has launched the modernization of the Government Press in New Delhi. The Government Press will be modernized with advanced technology and machinery after it is re-developed by the Central Public Works Department (CPWD).
27. IndiaFilings.com the largest cloud-based business services platform has launched online income tax filing services for salaried individuals. IndiaFilings provides a slew of services like GST registration, GST return filing, business tax filing, incorporation services and trademark filing.
28. President Ram Nath Kovind addressed the 34th annual session of FICCI Ladies Organisation (FLO) in New Delhi.
29. The Union Minister for Railways and Coal Shri Piyush Goyal launched UTTAM App for Coal Quality Monitoring. UTTAM: Unlocking Transparency by Third Party Assessment of Mined Coal. The aim of the app is to provide an App for all citizens and coal consumers to monitor the process of Third Party Sampling of coal across CIL subsidiaries.
30. Nepal Prime Minister K P Sharma Oli has begun his three-day visit to India. According to the External Affairs Ministry, the visit will provide an opportunity to review wide-ranging cooperative partnership and to progress it further.
31. The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (I&B) constituted a 10-member committee to regulate online portals, including news websites, entertainment.
32. Indo-Korean joint anti-piracy, search and rescue exercise “Sahyog- Hyeoblyeog 2018” was conducted off the Chennai coast, in Tamil Nadu. The Korean Coast Guard ship “Bodaro” took part in the exercise.
33. Minister of State for Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (Independent Charge), Giriraj Singh launched a mobile phone application for locating Khadi stores in the country.
34. Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has constituted a five-member working group to examine the taxation aspects related to High Net Worth Individuals (HNWIs) who are migrating abroad to other jurisdictions.
35. As per the “Internet Security Threat Report” presented by Symantec, India has become the 9th most affected country in the world and second most affected country in Asia-Pacific Japan region in Crypto Jacking activities
36. Jammu’s first Tulip garden has been set up at Sanasar in Ramban district of Jammu region.
37. HCL Technologies has acquired C3i Solutions for USD 60 million, in a move to enhance HCL’s growth in life sciences and Nepal Prime Minister KP Oli who’s on a three-day visit to India has today been accorded a ceremonial reception at the Rashtrapati Bhawan. Both the leaders will jointly inaugurate the Birgunj Integrated Check Post through remote control from New Delhi.
38. Uttarakhand’s second Mega Food Park– Himalayan Mega Food Park Private Ltd inaugurated at Mahuakhera Ganj in Kashipur in Udham Singh Nagar district. It was inaugurated by Union Food Processing Industries Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal.
39. Indian Railway has inducted three numbers of 09-3X Dynamic Tamping Express machines, the state of the art integrated track maintenance. These machines were inaugurated and flagged off by Shri M.K. Gupta, Member Engineering, Railway Board at Faridabad. Seven number of such machines are planned to be included within next six months in the present fleet of 874 track maintenance machines over IR for deployment on heavy density Routes.
40. Indian Air Force (IAF) will conduct exercise “Gagan Shakti, 2018”, its biggest ever combat exercise along Pakistan and China borders from April 10th to 23rd April 2018. consumer services.
41. According to the report of OpenSignal, Patna tops in 4G connectivity among 20 of India’s largest cities.
Top 5 4G Connectivity Cities are:
42. The Haryana government has launched the ‘Gobardhan Yojana’ to provide for the sale of organic manure and cow urine with an aim to benefit farmers.
43. Tripura Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb launched the state component of Pradhanmantri Kaushal Vikas Yojna (PMKVY) in Agartala. He assured that the target to give training to more than 1 lakh 16,000 youths by 2020.
44. Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan launched Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) scheme in Delhi and distributed new LPG connections and cylinders to beneficiaries.
45. India’s Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari is on a four-day official visit to South Korea.
The aim of the visit is to strengthen ties between the two nations and further cementing cooperation in areas, including sharing of technology, experience in port development and joint participation in port-related construction.
46. Uttar Pradesh Government launched Ganga Hariteema Yojana (also known as Ganga Greenery scheme) in 27 districts of the state located on the bank of river Ganga. It was launched by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath.
47. Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off India’s first all-electric high-speed locomotive in Bihar. The train has the country’s most powerful engine with 12,000 horsepower and a maximum speed of 120 km/hr. The average cost of one high-speed locomotive is around Rs.25 crore.
50. The eight edition of Theatre Olympics concluded in Mumbai. It was inaugurated by Vice President Venkaiah Naidu in February 2018 at the majestic Red Fort.
51. Transgenders to be recognized as an independent category of applicants for obtaining a Permanent Account Number (PAN) for their tax-related transactions.
52. Haryana State Government launched the Water ATM Policy to provide clean drinking water to people at public places.
53. The 10th edition of a biennial exhibition of weapons and military hardware – DefExpo India- 2018 begun at Kancheepuram in Tamil Nadu.
54. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated 16th International Energy Forum Ministerial Meeting in New Delhi. It was hosted by India and co-hosted by China and Korea, the
meeting aims to focus on how global shifts, transition policies and new technologies influence market stability and future investment in the energy sector.
55. Gujarat is to set up India’s largest 5, 000 MW solar park in Dholera Special Investment Region (DSIR).
56. President Ram Nath Kovind has asked Indian Diaspora in Zambia to become the partner in India’s growth and asked them to take advantage of Overseas Citizen of India, OCI programme.
57. Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment, Thaawarchand Gehlot launched a new Website and Mobile App of the “National Commission for Safai Karamcharis”. The new website and Mobile App will help the Commission in addressing the grievances/complaints of petitioners in an efficient manner.
58. Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) launched “Project Dhoop”, an initiative to shift the school assembly time to noon to make sure maximum absorption of Vitamin D in students through natural sunlight.
59. The 63rd Railway Week Function of Railway Board was organized in Rail Bhavan, New Delhi.
60. The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) launched “Project Dhoop”, an initiative aimed at shifting the school assembly time to noon to ensure maximum
absorption of Vitamin D in students through natural sunlight.
61. Union Ministry of Corporate Affairs has set up a 12-member panel to review the enforcement of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) provisions under the Companies law and to recommend a uniform approach for its enforcement.
62. According to the Index of Economic Freedom published by the Heritage Foundation, an American think-tank, India has ranked 130th out of 180 countries in 2018.
63. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated Dr Ambedkar National Memorial in New Delhi. The memorial is dedicated to the life and contributions of Dr. Ambedkar, the principal architect of the Constitution.
64. The nation celebrated the 127th Ambedkar Jayanti.
65. Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the phase one of the Ayushman Bharat schemes that aim at creating a healthy, prosperous and strong India.
66. Home Minister Rajnath Singh launched the web-based application e-FRRO (e-Foreigners Regional Registration Office) scheme under which foreigners can avail, various visa and immigration-related services online.
67. On the occasion of 127th birth anniversary BR Ambedkar, Union Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister, Dharmendra Pradhan launched Pradhan Mantri Ujwala Yojana (PMUY) in Telangana.
68. Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan launched the Anubhuti programme to let students get an experience of villages in Madhya Pradesh.
69. President Ram Nath Kovind received the first copy of the book “Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar: Vyakti Nahin Sankalp” formally released on the occasion of the 127th birth anniversary BR Ambedkar at Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi.
70. The Haryana government said it has decided to introduce Choice-Based Credit System (CBCS) and also revise the syllabus and workload in eleven subjects at the under- graduation level “in keeping with global scenario”. The subjects are economics, political science, psychology, mathematics, physics, chemistry, computer science, botany, zoology, commerce, and geography.
71. Himachal Pradesh celebrated its 71st foundation day.
72. Union Minister of Textiles Smriti Irani has inaugurated the 7th edition of Home Expo India 2018, organized by Export Promotion Council for Handicrafts (EPCH) at India Expo Centre & Mart in Greater Noida.
73. The government has raised the authorized capital of NABARD by six times from 50 billion to Rs 300 billion to help it increase its lending to the rural economy.
74. Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas Dharmendra Pradhan launched “Gram Swaraj Abhiyan” in Telangana. He stated the number of LPG distribution points in the State will be increased to 1,000 from the existing 707 for quicker and efficient delivery of gas cylinders.
75. Prime Minister Narendra Modi left on a five-day visit to Sweden and the UK. The visit to the two nations aims at enhancing bilateral cooperation in key areas like trade, investments and Science & technology.
76. According to Randstad Insights, the Bengaluru is the highest paying city in the country, with an average annual cost to company (CTC) for talent across all levels and functions.
Top 3 Highest Paying City in India (CTC):
3. New Delhi.
77. India signed a loan agreement with World Bank for USD 48 million for the “Meghalaya Community – Led Landscapes Management Project (MCLLMP)”. The Objective of the Project is to strengthen community-led landscapes management in selected landscapes in the State of Meghalaya.
78. Union Commerce and Industry Minister, Suresh Prabhu launched Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO’s) GlobalLinker, a digital platform for Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) Exporters.
79. According to BSE data, Tata Consultancy Services Ltd is the most valuable company in India.
Top 3 Most Valuable Company in India:
1. Tata Consultancy Services Ltd
2. Reliance Industries Ltd
3. HDFC Bank Ltd.
80. Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) unveiled the beta version of a website that contains information about mobile tariffs of all operators for all service areas.
81. Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik inaugurated a second longest bridge 2.5-km-long bridge built over the Ib river in Sambalpur district.
82. Minister of Communications Manoj Sinha launched here the DARPAN (Digital Advancement of Rural Post Office for a New India)-PLI App, which will help in collection of premium for Postal Life Insurance (PLI) and Rural Postal Life Insurance (RPLI) policies at Branch Post Offices anywhere in India, with online updation of the policies.
83. Gujarat police introduced the digital platform called Pocket Cop Project, under which 4900 smartphones will be contested with real-time information of 68 lakh criminals. It was launched by Chief Minister Vijay Rupani.
84. Union Cabinet Minister Smriti Irani inaugurated Gujarat Narmada Valley Fertilizers & Chemicals Limited (GNFC’s) Neem Project in Amethi district of Uttar Pradesh.
85. According to the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) report, Bihar has the highest rate of crimes against Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribe
86. As per the 2018 Commonwealth Innovation Index, India got the 10th position. The index was launched on the sidelines of the ongoing Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) as part of a new Commonwealth Innovation Hub.
Top 3 Countries in the Commonwealth Innovation Index:
1. United Kingdom
87. Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu has launched a health scheme of the Assam government named Atal Amrit Abhiyan that offers free medical care of up to 2 lakh rupees for every individual from Below Poverty Line (BPL) and Above Poverty Line (APL) families.
88. The Indian Government has launched the “Study in India” initiative to attract international students to study in India. The website of Study in India can be accessed at www.studyinindia.gov.in. It was launched by the External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and Minister of State for Human Resources Development Satya Pal in New Delhi.
89. According to a survey by the real estate consulting firm, CBRE Asia Pacific Occupier Survey 2018.: Bangalore has emerged as the most preferred city for office expansion.
90. Gujarat Narmada Valley Fertilizers & Chemicals Limited (GNFC) started its socio-economic Neem Project. It was inaugurated by Union Minister Smriti Irani in Amethi District of Uttar Pradesh.
91. The Union Government formed a new integrated institutional mechanism, Defence Planning Committee (DPC) to reform the process of higher defense planning. The permanent body would be chaired by National Security Advisor Ajit Doval.
92. India got the 10th position in Commonwealth Innovation Index.
The top 3 countries in Commonwealth Innovation Index:
1. United Kingdom
93. Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Vijay Goel inaugurated the new office of Central Project Monitoring Unit for the e-Vidhan project of the Government at the Parliament House.
94. Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the two-day Civil Services Day event in New Delhi. The Day focuses on the topic “Evolving Strategies for Transforming Aspirational Districts”.
95. Prime Minister Narendra Modi held bilateral talks with German Chancellor Angela Merkel and discussed ways to further strengthen the strategic partnership between the two countries.
96. The Union Cabinet approved the promulgation of the Fugitive Economic Offenders Ordinance 2018 which would empower the government to seize the domestic assets of those deemed by a relevant court to be fugitive economic offenders.
97. Former Delhi High Court Chief Justice Rajinder Sachar passed away. He was 94.
98. The Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) has launched integration of e-SANAD portal and NAD – National Academic Depository to make education system in India more transparent.
99. Taipei World Trade Centre (TWTC) launched its office in Delhi to strengthen trade ties with India. Taiwan’s first ever expo that will showcase cutting-edge technology and smart city solutions in Delhi.
100. External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj left for China on a four-day visit. She will participate in a meeting of the foreign ministers of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO). The visit is aimed at elevating the China-India strategic cooperation partnership.
101. Home Minister Rajnath Singh several projects in the Union Territory of Dadra Nagar Haveli. These projects will boost the infrastructure of Dadra Nagar Haveli and will help in increase of tourism and industrial sector.
102. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has approved a restructured Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan scheme aimed at making rural local bodies self-sustainable, financially stable and more efficient.
103. The Punjab government led by Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh approved the extension of the facility of accidental insurance cover to nearly accredited 4200 media persons with yellow cards. Notably, from now onwards yellow card holder journalist would be covered under accidental insurance to the tune of Rs. 5 lakh.
104. The Union Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved a restructured Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan Scheme aimed at making rural local bodies self-sustainable, financially stable and more efficient in Madhya Pradesh.
105. Lalit Kala Akademi organized the award ceremony of the ‘1st Print Biennale India 2018 (PBI)’ in New Delhi. The Chief Guest of the programme was Ms. Sujata Prasad, Additional Secretary, Ministry of Culture.
The winners are:
Arup Kumar Kuity – Andhra Pradesh
Satya Narayana Gavara – Andhra Pradesh
Preya Bhagat – Uttar Pradesh
Purvi Parmar – Gujrat
Sonal Varshneya – Uttar Pradesh
106. Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar released three books based on Mahatma Gandhi’s Champaran movement of 1917.
|S.no||Name of the Book||Author|
|1||Mister M K Gandhi Ki Champaran Diary||Arvind Mohan|
|2||Champaran Andolan 1917||Ashutosh Partheshwar|
|3||Pir Muhammad Munis: Kalam Ka Satyagrahi||Srikant|
107. Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), the country’s largest IT outsourcing company created history by becoming the first Indian company to reach $100 billion market capitalization (m-cap).
108. Taniya Sanyal from Kolkata has become the first woman firefighter appointed by Airports Authority of India (AAI).
109. The Union Home Ministry completely revoked the controversial Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) from Meghalaya while diluting it in other regions of Arunachal Pradesh.
110. Diu Smart City has become the first city in India, that runs on 100% renewable energy during daytime setting a new benchmark for other cities to become clean and green.
111. West Bengal government has given its approval to State Forest Department to apply for coveted Ramsar Site recognition under Ramsar Convention to Sunderban Reserve Forest.
112. Union Road Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari has inaugurated the 29th Road Safety Week at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi.
Union Road Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari released a book named “Have a Safe Journey”.
113. The Madras High Court became the first court in south India introduced e-Court Fee Payment Facility. It was jointly launched by Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami and Chief Justice Indira Banerjee.
114. Union Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Dr. Harsh Vardhan inaugurated the four-day Asia-Pacific Regional Workshop of the UN Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) in New Delhi.
115. On the occasion of National Panchayati Raj Day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Madhya Pradesh’s Mandla district and launched the Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan at Ram Nagar.
116. Bengaluru Smart City is testing a prototype of an intelligent traffic management solution in collaboration with the Electronics City Township Authority (ELCITA) to improve traffic management in the city. It will provide traffic information that is currently unavailable, and help improve management of commuter traffic.
117. Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu has inaugurated the Andhra Pradesh Cyber Security Operations Center (APCSOC) in Amaravati.
118. The Minister of State for Housing and Urban Affairs (I/C) Hardeep Puri launched a Mobile App (m-Awas) for allotment of Government accommodations in General Pool Residential Accommodation (GPRA) in Delhi.
119. External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj co-chaired the 6th round of India-Mongolia Joint Consultative Committee meeting with her Mongolian counterpart Damdin Tsogtbaatar in Ulaanbaatar.
120. The Home Ministry has decided to relax the six-decade-old Protected Area Permit regime from Nagaland, Mizoram and Manipur for five years.
121. The Meghalaya government has launched Mission Lakadong to achieve a five-fold increase in the production of Lakadong turmeric, an organic variety of turmeric grown in Meghalaya, to at least 50,000 metric tonnes per year in the next 5 years.
122. A two-day coastal security exercise Sagar Kavach; began on April 24, 2018 along Kerala shores.
Sagar Kavach is being conducted to strengthen and assess the loopholes in the coastal security mechanism along Kerala shores.
123. The Ministry of Human Resource Development, HRD launched the second edition of the Unnat Bharat Abhiyan under which students from 750 higher educational institutions from across the country will adopt villages and visit them to get acquainted with the lifestyle of people there and the problems faced by them. Prakash Javadekar is the Present HRD Minister of India.
124. India has agreed for the most revered Buddhist relics from Sarnath to be taken to Sri Lanka for public exposition on the occasion of Vesak festival. This is the second time that India has taken initiative to exhibit the sacred relics of Lord Buddha in Sri Lanka. The first time such initiative was the exhibition of the Kapilavastu Relics in 2012.
125. The Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi launched the Van Dhan Scheme of Ministry of Tribal Affairs and TRIFED, during the celebrations of Ambedkar Jayanti at Bijapur, Chattisgarh. The Van Dhan scheme along with others like Jan Dhan and Gobar-Dhan schemes had the potential to change the tribal-rural economic system.
126. The Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) is tying up with the US and Finland to develop a new pollution-forecast system that will help anticipate particulate matter (PM) levels at least two days in advance and at greater resolution. The new system will jointly develop with expertise from Finnish Meteorological Institute and US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).
127. The Minister of Housing & Urban Development Hardeep Singh inaugurated the 48th Foundation Day of Housing and Urban Development Corporation (HUDCO). HUDCO is playing an important role in taking financial inclusion forward in the country.
128. The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) approved the capital acquisition proposals of over 3,687 crore rupees. The decision was taken in the meeting council, chaired by Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman in New Delhi.
129. The DAC approved procurement of DRDO’s designed and developed NAG Missile System at the cost of 524 crore rupees.
130. The month of May in Jharkhand will see high bill electricity bills because the rates of electricity units have been doubled. The State Electricity Regulatory Commission approved it on Friday about this hike in electricity tariff.
131. In order to achieve a plastic-free India, it has been decided to prevent our protected areas to be announced as “Plastic Free Zones”. This decision was taken keeping in mind the approaching World Environment Day June 5.
132. President of India Ram Nath Kovind, attended an “Asangathit Shramik Sammelan” organized by Government of Madhya Pradesh, in Guna district. He also attended the Satguru Kabir Saheb Mahotsav, organized on the occasion of 620th Pragatosav of Satguru Kabir in Sagar.
133. Delhi government will set up “Rogi Kalyan Samitis” in each Assembly constituency and ‘Jan Swasthaya Samitis’ in state-run dispensaries, polyclinics and mohalla clinics in order to provide support to the health institutions in the national capital.
134. Andhra Pradesh Deputy Chief Minister (Revenue) K E Krishnamurthy initiated Andhra Pradesh government’s “Bhu Seva” (land hub) project aimed at offering integrated services related with the land.
135. Indian Government will soon launch a uniform and credible national-level disaster database on UN Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR’s) insistence to implement its commitment to the Sendai Framework.
136. Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik inaugurated “Odisha Skills 2018”, the state-level chapter of India Skill competition organized by National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) in Cuttack, Odisha.
137. Former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh released “My Journey from Marxism-Leninism to Nehruvian Socialism”, a book written by former Planning Commission and Finance Commission member C H Hanumantha Rao.Exams RiderDownload Our Apps & Watch Latest News