13 June 2018 Current Affairs – Study Daily Current Affairs – Study Materials:
ExamsRider updates daily Current Affairs details such as Important Days, Appointments, National News, International News, Sports News, Award Details, Banking News, Agreement Details etc… Study Daily Current Affairs is very
important for all the exam preparations such as IBPS, RRB, SBI, Railways, SSC, UPSC, PSC etc..
|S.no||Name of the Post||Name of the Person|
|1||Acting Chairman of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)||Arvind Saxena|
Awards and Honors:
Indian captain Virat Kohli has received the prestigious Polly Umrigar Trophy (Cricketer of the Year) award at the BCCI Annual Awards function.
Summit and Conference:
|S.no||Summit and Conference||Place||Theme|
|1||11th World Hindi Conference||Mauritius||Hindi Vishwa Aur Bharatiy Sanskriti|
|2||International Conference on Information and Communication Technology (ICT)||Kathmandu||Sustainable Development Goals for Smart Society|
1. Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has inaugurated and laid foundation stones for more than 100 schemes, worth Rs 875 crore, of the state bridge construction corporation.
2. The Union Minister of Steel, Chaudhary Birender Singh dedicated the rebuilt Blast Furnace-1 “Parvati” of SAIL, Rourkela Steel Plant (RSP) to the Nation. Parvati is the first Blast Furnace of SAIL that was dedicated to the nation on 3rd February 1959 by the first President of India, Dr. Rajendra Prasad.
3. The government has approved a 33% increase in carpet area of houses eligible for interest subsidy under its affordable housing scheme Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Urban (PMAY-U) to attract more beneficiaries.
4. India will host first military exercise of the BIMSTEC Countries in September 2018 in Pune, Maharashtra. The theme of the exercise includes counter-terrorism in semi-urban terrain and cordon and search.
5. Ten new iconic sites have been taken up under Phase III of the flagship project Swachh Iconic Places (SIP) of the Swachh Bharat Mission:
|S.no||10 New Iconic Sites||States|
|1||Raghavendra Swamy Temple||Kurnool – Andhra Pradesh|
|2||Hazardwari Palace||Murshidabad – West Bengal|
|3||Brahma Sarovar Temple||Kurukshetra – Haryana|
|4||VidurKuti||Bijnor – Uttar Pradesh|
|5||Mana village||Chamoli – Uttarakhand|
|6||Pangong Lake||Leh-Ladakh – J&K|
|7||Nagvasuki Temple||Allahabad – Uttar Pradesh|
|8||ImaKeithal/market||Imphal – Manipur|
|9||Sabarimala Temple||Kerala and|
6. The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) constituted an Expert Committee to frame rules for direct listing of Indian firms abroad. The committee will examine the economic case for permitting the direct listing of Indian companies overseas and listing of Indian companies on foreign bourses in India.
7. Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) has created a world record of distributing the maximum number of bee-boxes in one day. This was achieved by the KVIC in the Zangalee Army area at Kupwara in Kashmir.
8. India got the 177th rank in the Global Environment Performance Index (EPI) rankings.
Top 3 countries are:
1. India extended a financial aid of Rs 99 million to Nepal for the construction of 2,700 shallow tube well irrigation systems in 12 districts of the country’s southern Terai region to boost agricultural productivity.
2. USA government has approved a deal to sell the Indian military six AH-64E Apache attack helicopters for 930 million dollars.
According to the State Bank of India’s (SBI) Annual Report for the largest value share of mobile banking transactions, the top places are:
1. Paytm – 22 %
2. Axis Bank – 17.2 %
3. ICICI – 17.1 %
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) released the draft guidelines to modify the loan system for delivery of bank credit, making the rules stricter to regulate larger borrowers enjoying working capital facility from the banking system.
Indian boxers got one Gold and two Silver medals at the Umakhanov Memorial Tournament in the Russian city of Kaspiysk. Saweety Boora won the coveted yellow metal in the Women’s 75 kg category after beating Anna Anfinogenova (Russia) in the Final.
Gavit Murali Kumar got a Gold in men’s 10,000-metre race at the Gouden Spike meeting in Leiden; the Netherlands.Exams RiderDownload Our Apps & Watch Latest News