12 September 2018 Current Affairs – Study Daily Current Affairs – Study Materials:
ExamsRider updates daily Current Affairs details such as Important Days, Appointments, National News, International News, Sports News, Award Details, Banking News, Agreement Details etc… Study Daily Current Affairs is very
important for all the exam preparations such as IBPS, RRB, SBI, Railways, SSC, UPSC, PSC etc.
|S.no||Name of the Post||Name of the Person|
|1||Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of HDFC Life||Vibha Padalkar|
|1||Haryana Government and Indian Oil Corporation (IOC)||To set up an ethanol plant in Panipat with an outlay of over Rs 900 crore.|
|2||India and Brunei Darussalam||On Cooperation in the operation of Telemetry Tracking and Telecommand station for satellite and launch vehicles.|
|3||India and South Africa||On cooperation in the exploration and uses of outer space for peaceful purposes|
|4||India and Egypt||On cooperation in the field of Agriculture & allied sectors|
|5||India and Malta||For strengthening cooperation in the field of Tourism|
Summit and Conference:
|S.no||Summit and Conference||Place||Theme|
|1||2-Day Regional Conference On Good Governance||Bhopal||ICT Enabled Education; Agriculture; Public Service and Grievance Management and Good Governance initiatives.|
Awards and Honors:
An Indian-American scientist and professor Arul Chinnaiyan, the University of Michigan, has been awarded an “Outstanding Investigator Award” along with a grant of $6.5 million by the U.S. National Cancer Institute.
1. NITI Aayog, Intel and Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) are collaborating to set up a Model International Center for Transformative Artificial Intelligence (ICTAI). The collaboration aims to bring together fundamental and applied research, innovation and technology development to solve important problems.
2. The first bus services between Bihar and Nepal. The bus service was flagged off from Patna by the Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
3. Indo-US Joint Exercise ‘Yudh Abhyas 2018’ started in Uttarakhand. It is to be conducted in the foothills of Himalayas at Chaubattia in Uttarakhand from 16 September to 29 September 2018.
4. Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) has found gas deposits in a block in Vindhyan basin in Madhya Pradesh and also in Ashok Nagar of 24 Parganas district in West Bengal.
Russia has launched its biggest military exercise “Vostok-2018”, involving about 300,000 service personnel, in eastern Siberia. China
Science and Technology:
1. The Minister of Railways and Coal, Piyush Goyal launched a web portal ‘www.railsahyog.in’. The web portal will provide a platform for the Corporates and PSUs to contribute to the creation of amenities at/near Railway Stations through Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) funds.
2. The government of Andhra Pradesh launched a mobile platform, e-Rythu (e-farmer in Telugu) which will enable small-scale farmers to market their produce at reasonable prices. It was launched by the Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu.
Gurnihal Singh Garcha won bronze in junior men’s shooting and qualified in the sixth place at the 52nd ISSF World Championships in Changwon, South Korea.Exams RiderDownload Our Apps & Watch Latest News