11 August 2018 Current Affairs – Study Daily Current Affairs – Study Materials:
ExamsRider updates daily Current Affairs details such as Important Days, Appointments, National News, International News, Sports News, Award Details, Banking News, Agreement Details etc… Study Daily Current Affairs is very
important for all the exam preparations such as IBPS, RRB, SBI, Railways, SSC, UPSC, PSC etc.
|S.no||Name of the Post||Name of the Person|
|1||New Chief Justice of the Delhi High Court||Justice Rajendra Menon|
|2||Part-time Non-official Directors on the RBI Board||Swaminathan Gurumurthy and Satish Kashinath Marathe|
|S.no||Name of the Organization/Country||Purpose|
|1||Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW) and Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA)||For Extending Services of School Health Programme to Schools|
|2||Bajaj Allianz General Insurance and Vijaya Bank||To distribute Bajaj Allianz General Insurance products through the bank's network of 2129 branches across the country.|
1. Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath will launch a defense industrial corridor in Aligarh to develop specialized zones dedicated to defense production in the state. Six nodal points have been identified in the state are Agra, Aligarh, Lucknow, Kanpur, Chitrakoot and Jhansi for the corridor.
2. Minister of state for Culture (I/C), Dr Mahesh Sharma, released 3 books at Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA) in New Delhi:
|1||'Jewellery'||Dr Gulab Kothari.|
|2||'Ghats of Banaras'||Dr Sachidanand Joshi and|
|3||'Untold Story of Broadcasting'||Dr Gautam Chatterjee.|
3. The Government of India has extended e-visa facility for citizens of 165 countries at 25 airports and five seaports.
4. The Minister of State for Culture (I/C) and Minister of State for Environment Forest and Climate Change, Dr. Mahesh Sharma inaugurated an exhibition entitled “Prathibandhit Sahitya mein Swatantrata Sangram” (Freedom Movement through Proscribed Literature) in the premises of National Archives of India, in New Delhi. This exhibition of proscribed literature was from vast collection of poetry and prose that portrays the nationalistic fervour prevalent in the days of freedom struggle.
5. Santali becomes the first Indian tribal language to get own Wikipedia edition. It presently has content of about 70,000 words.
1. Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) initiatives, SCO Peace Mission Exercise is conducted biennially for SCO member states. The joint exercise for the year 2018 will be conducted by Central Military Commission of Russia from 22 August to 29 August 2018 at Chebarkul, Chelyabinsk, Russia.
2. Taiwan’s Wistron, a contract manufacturer of Apple iPhones in India, has plans to invest Rs.1,150 crore in Karnataka
1. Axis bank has become the first bank in the country to introduce Iris Scan Authentication feature for Aadhaar based transactions through its micro ATM tablets. This is being run as a pilot project in 8 branches of rural Punjab, Haryana, Gujarat and Andhra Pradesh.
2. State Bank of India (SBI) has launched its latest customer-friendly digital initiative Multi Option Payment Acceptance Device (MOPAD) at a shopping mall, in Visakhapatnam. The new device titled MOPAD is a Point of Sale (PoS) terminal that would along with cards accept payments through UPI, Bharat QR, and SBI Buddy wallet which till now required different tools to receive payments. So customers won’t have to carry cards for shopping.