10 August 2018 Current Affairs – Study Daily Current Affairs – Study Materials:
ExamsRider updates daily Current Affairs details such as Important Days, Appointments, National News, International News, Sports News, Award Details, Banking News, Agreement Details etc… Study Daily Current Affairs is very
important for all the exam preparations such as IBPS, RRB, SBI, Railways, SSC, UPSC, PSC etc.
|1||August 10||World Biofuel Day|
|S.no||Name of the Post||Name of the Person|
|1||Chairman of Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI)||Ram Sewak Sharma|
|2||Rajya Sabha's Deputy Chairman||Harivansh Narayan Singh|
Summit and Conference:
1. NITI Aayog hosted an Investors Conference at Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra for the Holistic Development of Islands along with the respective UT Administration. The Conference was inaugurated by CEO of NITI Aayog, Amitabh Kant.
2. The President of India Ram Nath Kovind, inaugurated the “One District One Product” Summit in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. The special emphasis was laid on micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs).
1. Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi unveiled a Booklet on “National Policy on Biofuels 2018”, and launched “Pro-Active and Responsive facilitation by Interactive and Virtuous Environmental Single window Hub” [PARIVESH] on the occasion of World Biofuel Day.
2. The state government of Maharashtra has announced a special assistance worth Rs 500 crore for the Other Backward Classes (OBC) community in the state. The main objective behind the special assistance is to help the OBC community develop employment opportunities for the youth.
3. The Global Innovation Index 2018 was launched in New Delhi by Principal Adviser, NITI Aayog & Member Secretary of the Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister, Ratan P Watal. India got 57th rank.
Top 3 countries in the Global Innovation Index 2018:
4. The Rajya Sabha passed the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Amendment Bill, 2018, which seeks to overturn a Supreme Court order that struck down the provision for the immediate arrest of those booked under the Act.
5. The National Stock Exchange (NSE), India’s largest equity bourse, has celebrated its silver jubilee by unveiling its new logo, which is a modern representation of a blooming marigold with red, yellow, orange, and blue hues.
6. The Karnataka cabinet approved to waive Rs.9,448.61 crore existing farm loans in respect of cooperative banks. The farmers can borrow up to Rs.1 lakh from cooperative banks in the first phase. It is expected to benefit around 20.38 lakh farmers.
Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation (HSBC) has launched a new digital platform ‘MyDeal’ to simplify capital raising process through capital markets by providing real-time access to information such as investors’ feedback, profiles, client orders and deal pricing.
PayPal, a digital payments platform has announced its strategic partnership with and HDFC Bank to offer safer, faster and convenient payment experiences for the bank’s cardholders.
Science and Technology:
Google has launched a new video-based Q&A app called ‘Cameos’ on the App Store, which allows people to answer questions about themselves, then share those answers directly on Google.Exams RiderDownload Our Apps & Watch Latest News